Voice Transformation Distorted Dishwasher

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That comes abruptly in the middle of the strange classical guitar/slow synth sounds.

www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/324.mp3

I like to read comments, so feel free (to comment on anything).

The dishwasher is like an angry monk.

This is fun in your usual jaunty stylee.

The distorted dishwasher sounds vaguely like a didgeridoo. Either that, or some sort of motor craft approaching while you're underwater. Interesting sound.

Of the other stuff, I prefer the guitar bits to the synth bits. I like shamann's choice of the word 'jaunty'; a good description.

very nice, genetic junk...I liked both the synth parts and the guitar parts but they were greater (in my subjective mind) as parts than as a whole...in other words, I didn't get a sense of gel. That's quibbling, however...I really liked the piece and was also wondering whether you've submitted papers for your dish-washer at the local musician's union. And yes..."jaunty" is perfect.

That's too funny... yesterday my wife asked me if I had sampled the dishwasher yet, cause I had mentioned to her a couple of weeks ago that I thought it made a really nice sound that I wanted to capture.

Anyhow, you've beat me to it. :lol: I should say though that it was your field recordings that have inspired me to get back into recording sounds... something I truly love doing. At some point in '07 I'm going to start offering samples for download on my site.

So... great little disjointed track as always... the blending you do is just fearless... enjoyed this a bunch! Love the string noise too, somehow very charming.
Image Image

Thanks for listening all. The experimentation is the fun part, so sometimes I add in things that don't mesh well.

I've sampled three people's dishwashers to date. I love the mechanical rhythmic sounds it makes.

The local musician's union doesn't appreciate my slightly unorthodox methods, so we steer clear of each other. :hihi:

----Weirdness O.o The umm, guitar ended a bit abruptly in the first part, and the dishwasher sound, I think that's what it was anyways ha-ha, was umm, weird but cool. I'm not sure I followed the whole piece that well, but it sounded good in places. :)

Jeff

Thanks for checking it Jeff. I know it's not the most coherent music. Most of my music is ADD syndrome stuff. I really can't follow it, but that's why I like it.

i'll admit i would prefer (would i?) smoother transitions,
but this "next to each other" approach is intriguing...
i might have to look up "jaunty"... ;)
THANKS GJ!
off to see the wizard:
mangrultzossen.blogspot.com

Thanks for the comments tatom. :) Heh, I should look "jaunty" up too, since it seems to be an excellent descriptor of my music.

Here, I'll help you guys out:

jaunty |?jônt?| adjective ( -tier, -tiest) having or expressing a lively, cheerful, and self-confident manner : there was no mistaking that jaunty walk.

DERIVATIVES jauntily |-tl-?| adverb jauntiness noun

ORIGIN mid 17th cent.(in the sense [well-bred, genteel] ): from French gentil (see gentle , genteel ).

:D
Image Image

thought the guitar parts were cool actually, maybe a little string ease to cut some of the rub, but then, seemed part of it strangly,
dishwasher chanting...interesting, was waiting for the stacking of the dishes at the end,
was like parts of a stage play,

Thanks for that info bump polyslax, and thanks for commenting wavephonic. What does string ease and rub mean?

Return to “Music Cafe”