Every hour, six animal species disappear. Nice.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bad english language

I've read that every hour, six animal species disappear . Yes.
I am guilty, maybe. You're guilty, maybe. What to do ? I don't know.

My new piece is an instrumental classical song for acoustic nylon guitars and clarinets. The song is growing and lowing like waves.

I've dreamed/thought that i'm seated at the edge of a deep ravine and I see all these animals disappearing.
They fall in the ravine and I can do nothing. Nothing.
It's an threatening feeling :(

AU BORD (at the edge...)>
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com/06tele ... aubord.mp3

(photo net/Danklarmann)

The mic for the very old and destroyed nylon guitar is an Audiotechnica AT4041. I've tried to not retouched my errors (rythm, notes). Hard. :). I've retouched one or two. :wink:

http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

very good playing and absolutely enjoyable, despite the sad theme you've given it.

Very nice. :tu:
Opax

Beautiful piece, daniel-. Thank you for this music.

Thank's for the comments.
Some more words ? OK, so...

...I've played on this very old and bad nylon guitar (year : 1968), but I like it, I like the sound, I like play on this old friend >
...with this mic >
... in my hstudio>
... while the sun is dieing at the door>

- I've recorded on Tracktion 1.6.
- I've used some SF2 (wind instruments) with SFZ. For example, the Merlin GM SF2 is nice. :shock:
- But my dream is to find a clarinetist. Nobody here knows play oboe or flute or clarinet ? :help: :wink:
- I've retouched ("shifted") once a high-pitch note of my guitar because it's not possible to right tune this guitar. :cry:
- No compressor on the mix. No effects. Only the reverb : Roomreverb of Buzz. :love:
- Mic : Audiotechnica AT4041 (but, now, I want buy two identical mics for these recordings).
- There's three themes in the song.
- And... my cat has pushed the mic while the recording. I've not "trashed" the little noise :), and not trashed the cat :hihi:
- The temp in my home studio is 20°C. In the forest, near my homestudio : 12°C. It's raining. :wink:

Daniel

It doesnt seem so sad throughout the piece; nearing the end it has more of a "triumphant" sort of feeling. "old and bad" is a massive understatement for that guitar, i love the sound of it; sounds more like a traditional classic instead of these thin, "woody" classics these days. I liked it.

It doesnt seem so sad throughout the piece
It's not sad. I blend fatalism, melancholy and hope. :)

Daniel

Photography from Denis Cauchoix, nice photograph.
I've discovered his website yesterday >
http://perso.orange.fr/deniscauchoix

Since there are 14 million (possibly) animal species, I don't find the number alarming unless I know a history of the rate of extinction.

Stephen J Gould estimated that 99% of all species that have every lived have become extinct WITHOUT leaving fossil remains.

I really feel no guilt here. I've got plenty of guilt about stealing a Pink Pearl eraser in the second grade to last me a lifetime.

You want to touch my heart with music, then write a song about Pink Pearl erasers. :-)

most of the species that have become extinct have done so because they were not well suited to their environment, or in other words, they were failures. This is nothing more than classic Darwinism. The only guilt i feel is that the creatures died. As pointless as it is, i do have compassion for everything; but people need to accept that the world is full of cycles like this, and they happen for a reason.
I feel just as Daniel feels on the topic; because those creatures were ALIVE. Now they're not, and for me, that's always a bothersome concept.
BTW mistertoast, i think we all stole those erasers ;)

>>The only guilt i feel is that the creatures died.

The individuals all died whether the species remains or not. If you feel sad for that, it's for the individuals, rather than the species. The individual animals did not reckon that their species was dying--just that they were, and everything does.

That's a separate issue from the more abstract biodiversity issue. Which is important but less-easy-to-emotionally-capitalize-on one.

I think we care (at the gut level, not intellectually) most about species of large animals (elephants down through bobcats). Something we might see in a zoo. Something cute. Something we can identify with.

>>BTW mistertoast, i think we all stole those erasers

All the more reason they are song-worthy. :-)

Anyway, I just resist preachy introductions. Tell me the story indirectly, don't start with a written catalog of my sins.

"You suck. Here's my song about how much you suck. Enjoy."

Bad english language.
Since there are 14 millions (possibly) animal species, I don't find the number alarming
Sorry, there's an acceleration of disparitions and some "paramount" (right word ? :) ) animals, for the first time, are involved (fishes, etc...).
A slew of scientifics are afraid (there's very much webpages and books about this subject).
I really feel no guilt here
OK. :wink:
You want to touch my heart with music, then write a song about Pink Pearl erasers
:)
It's not a problem. Imagine that my song is about Pink Pearl erasers. :D

Daniel

No offense meant, Daniel, just pointing out how I feel when I'm accused of something in the intro--before I even get to the work itself.

I'm not feeling an offense.
Maybe, I wasn't friendly in my first post. :wink:
Thank's to you and Lateralus 778 for your posts.

Daniel

It's not you. It's me. The guilt from second-grade.

mistertoast wrote:It's not you. It's me.
I had a feeling this was gonna happen. But I am breaking up with YOU.
Not the other way around. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”