Smoke: downtempo-heavy-6/8 w/supro lap steel guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am impressed.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:I am impressed.
Glad you liked it.

Thanks for listening!

Great work. I loves me some lap steel.

Lunch Money wrote:Great work. I loves me some lap steel.
Me too.

It is the property of one Bruce Gottlieb, who owns many useful things:

The supro isn't in this picture, nor is the amp (by the same company). But the old Gibson just left of the banjo is in this song, as is the Martin on the wall at far right.

Bruce is generous in sharing his good fortune for recording purposes.

Oh, and thanks for listening, Greg!

:tu: relaxing, chilled out vibe. I dig!!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Amberience wrote::tu: relaxing, chilled out vibe. I dig!!
Glad you liked it. :wink:

Thanks for listening!

Love it when people post rock and roll, thanks for the music, herodotus.

Great piece, herodotus. Outstanding. Nails a mood, creatively. The lyrics/vocals are tres cool, to boot. All in all, a keeper for sure.

All in all a very nice effort. Herodotus, is that you singing? Are you playing all the instruments?

For my taste, the drums have an unusual ambience that doesn't seem to match the "roots" vibe of the rest of the instruments. But that's just nitpicking -- well done.

mayan wrote:Great piece, herodotus. Outstanding. Nails a mood, creatively. The lyrics/vocals are tres cool, to boot. All in all, a keeper for sure.
Glad you liked it!
bobsled wrote:Love it when people post rock and roll, thanks for the music, herodotus.
Thanks for listening!
geekboy wrote:All in all a very nice effort. Herodotus, is that you singing? Are you playing all the instruments?

For my taste, the drums have an unusual ambience that doesn't seem to match the "roots" vibe of the rest of the instruments. But that's just nitpicking -- well done.

No I am not playing anything but the drums in this song. I also did the mixdown. The guitarist/singer is a guy named Charles Schlee, who is also a member here, but who is sadly stuck in the oblivion of dial-up.

The 'unusual ambience' you are hearing is a gated reverb that got put on one of the snare tracks as a sort of joke. Sadly, when the guitarist was moving around virtual tracks on his hard disc recorder, the clean snare track was erased instead of the one with the gated reverb. :x

;)

But I have actually grown to like it a bit.

Thanks for listening.

This is a really cool song - just up my alley! Very, very nice! :love:

The only aspect I don't like so much is the recording/EQ on the cymbals. According to my taste they sound almost painfully trebly and sharp and 'in your ears'. A bit more restrained and 'airy' would make them sit better with the rest of the mix. Again, just according to my taste. Maybe the mp3 coding also affects them...

Really nice song!

Best,

Joey

very nice song - and very very very nice equipment too :shock: . Really like this. Nice bass, nice all. I ended 2006 with listening to many nice electronic pieces, now started with 2 great quite different songs :). Don't know if I wanted to be someone's cigarette, though :lol: (crappy laptop-speakers-listening).
Nice work! Lap steel, aah...

I've had plenty of nasty addictions; definately wouldn't wanna be anyone else's..

:hihi:

Cool track, herodotus.

:D
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Return to “Music Cafe”