Smoke: downtempo-heavy-6/8 w/supro lap steel guitar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need a smoke,

hey nice job on the vocals, dig the way you mixed the guitar in the lead section and that breakdown was exceptional, coolness
enjoyed this track herodotus, good job man

I like this song a lot, very good bluesy singing, the slide could be more present for my taste, <grin>, or less effects ( is it flanger or mp3 encoding?)
cool drummer too

This is simply one of the best songs I've heard in a very, very long time. It makes me feel the way I felt when younger and was excited that music existed in the first place. First rate production, performance and composition. Well done, John. Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic song, great vocals and playing!

Thanks a steely lap!
"It dreamed itself along"

Thanks all!

Some blues rock for a change. Thouroughly enjoyed. I've been practicing some slide guitar lately but its not sounding anything nearly as good as that.

metalifuxx wrote:Some blues rock for a change. Thouroughly enjoyed. I've been practicing some slide guitar lately but its not sounding anything nearly as good as that.
Thanks!

I'll pass the compliments to the player (who is still in dial-up land).

Bassballjg wrote:This is simply one of the best songs I've heard in a very, very long time. It makes me feel the way I felt when younger and was excited that music existed in the first place. First rate production, performance and composition. Well done, John. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks a lot John!

The praise of the praiseworthy is beyond praise.

Or summat...

:wink:

Very cool, Herodotus! The instruments and vocals really work well together. One nit, though... I agree with Spitfire31 about the cymbals sounding EQ'd in a strange manner - and that it sounds like the result of the .mp3 compression. I would recommend encoding at a higher bitrate than 128. Or get a better encoder.

Love that slide guitar! :love:

Cheers,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

I like this a lot. This sounds really good.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

silenthill2006 wrote:I like this a lot. This sounds really good.
Thanks for listening!

Yes, well done. Really I am not much of a fan of blues. I would say "rock blues" like Joe Perry or Masters of Reality or something is about as far as I generally go for a listen. But perhaps I need to check some more out. Maybe it's the 6/8 time keeping me more interested, as well as the good production.
Regards, Mike

mn wrote:Yes, well done. Really I am not much of a fan of blues. I would say "rock blues" like Joe Perry or Masters of Reality or something is about as far as I generally go for a listen. But perhaps I need to check some more out. Maybe it's the 6/8 time keeping me more interested, as well as the good production.
Thanks!

We ourselves are more rock than blues, so that probably explains things.

;)

a bump for a cool groove.

Deric wrote:a bump for a cool groove.
:wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”