Andreas Krebs: Sinfonietta [classical]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

this is a little piece I wrote a while ago (2004), now rendered with a new orchestra library:

http://www.andreaskrebs.de/assets/media/sinfonietta.mp3

The piece is called "sinfonietta" and it is basically something like a little waltz. The mp3 is encoded with 160 kBit/s.

Have fun,
Andreas
Last edited by AndreasKrebs on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amazing. period. my music brain doesn't work like this, so its baffled to listen to the complexity and imagine this as vsti.
good work. Thanks for sharing.
Jazzyspoon

Jazzyspoon wrote:Amazing. period. my music brain doesn't work like this, so its baffled to listen to the complexity and imagine this as vsti.
good work. Thanks for sharing.
Jazzyspoon
I agree. I wish I could do this sort of thing. Great track.

What libraries did you use?

It would have more dynamic if it would be played from a real orchestra or even a better VST-library.

But whatever: music is the king! Well done... :)
FLStudio - 24 Synths - 6 Effects - I am crazy

Can't agree. The used samples are very good, it sounds quite expressive and atmospheric.

...and the music is powerful and wonderful.

Great track!

Thanks for sharing!

Mello
"It dreamed itself along"

Thank you so much!
Armadillo wrote:What libraries did you use?
Fhangor wrote:It would have more dynamic if it would be played from a real orchestra or even a better VST-library.
The library was the EastWest Gold XP. So, hmmm, the dynamics could be me and my usage of that lib (a real orchestra would of course be something colpletely different). However, there was also a little compression/limiting during mastering. A version without any dynamic processing is here:
http://www.andreaskrebs.de/assets/media ... ta-111.mp3

Enjoy,
Andreas

Thanks for this mini symphony, very much enjoyed listening. More? :)

Very nice. Lots of drama and dynamic contrast.

8)8)8)8)

bobsled wrote:More? :)
Thanks! Yes, there's more. However, I'm a terribly slow composer :(
The most recent work is "Arkana", a synth/orchestra thingie. Then, there's a complete symphony, which I should redo with my current library. I'll post it here, of course. And there will be new stuff, but we'll have to wait...(day job is quite demanding)

Thanks,
Andreas

Wow!

This is great stuff. Do you have classical training? This piece deffinitely shows off your classical composision skills. I just got hold of the EWQLSO Gold XP on their half price sale and is also amazed by it's possibilities. You know how to get the best out of it. I'd like to hear more of this style of music here at KvR.

Again a wonderful piece :) . I thought, before listening, of Janaceks "Sinfonietta", and some rhythmical parts sound like a brother of Janacek, in fact the beginning might be from a brother? (Klemperer, the real :hihi: , by the way always raised his voice for Janacek in Germany about 1927 and onwards). It is a VERY nice music, Andreas. I swear Arkana and a piece like this will be played by an orchestra once, nice would be before children who just listen to the music and don't blabla about Janacek like I do.

What I especially like is the using of "side-voices", short snippets that, how to say, "go around the piece" or the rhythm or the melody, like in about 1'44, dieser Lauf kurz didadadidada :oops:. Those short things seem to change the piece, and in my case those are that give me showers of "great to be able to listen to such music".

Do you really think it is slow to compose Arkana, Sinfonietta and a up to now unheard Symphony in a few years??

It is maybe stupid to mention single phrases or so in a whole music, but the melody in about 2'40 and after, this is tremendously beautiful and really sad in one, at least for me :oops: . Then there is another rhythmical part that sounds again very much like Janacek, in a good sense, as his Sinfonietta is a masterpiece. (Once I wrote to the singer of the Legendary Pink Dots, Edward Ka-Spel, because some music reminded me, not from actual instrumentation or something, of Janacek. And this nice fellow answered very friendly instead of being snob, but had never heard the Sinfonietta. He was inspired just by himself and some sad feverish dreams, it seemed).

Will listen to this more over the day, just play the first 4 minutes again and again up to now. Wonderful music, and I'd say if such music is the result of "slowness", than this would definitely be a good thing.

Thanks for sharing! All the best! (the wind-instruments in about 5'15 or so after that lovely quiet string-music that goes on in the background, and then again that "wonderful like Janacek"-theme at 5'33....simply lovely!)

Talking about music is most of the time stupid, listening is better...
Then (last remark for today, hihi) the truly truly haunting part at about 6'30 is again very sad AND wonderful, up to 7'00. Aah, just so nice a music...

Thank you so much, Sepheritoh and Klemperer!

Where should I start? No, I didn't have any classical training, just read a few books, understood half of it and probably forgot the other half :?
However, classical music has always been very important for me. And yes, of course I love Janacek's "Sinfonietta" (who could not?), as well as e.g. Sibelius, Strawinski, Rautavaara, Simpson, Holmboe, Kancheli (and the obvious Beethoven, Mahler and most of all Bruckner). :D So yes, there should be some (not too conscious, I suppose) influences.
Since the piece is basically a waltz, a certain melancholy should definitely be present. Maybe some Austrian / eastern Europe legacy. Makes me very happy to see that my music seems to be touching!

Cheers,
Andreas

yes, touching it is, very touching. And you reminded me of an old CD by a finnish singer I have, she sings Rautavaara :D . Never heard Holmboe, so something to learn, thank you!

Return to “Music Cafe”