nature boy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sung by bess phillips:

Nature Boy

enjoy. :-)

Too strange for me...
FLStudio - 24 Synths - 6 Effects - I am crazy

Fantastic. There is something special that happens when you merge your machinations with that voice. I once asked that I might have some raw tracks of your floom work to play with in Kyma...this reminds me how much fun that would be!
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

> Too strange for me...

aye carumba: this is by far the closest i've come (in this forum) to posting a conventional song. you should listen (not!) to my un-conventional music ... ;-)
Last edited by rachmiel on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

scot, thanks! f'loom meets kyma ... ja! :-)

This is really close to gorgeous. For me, though, the vocals need to sound a little bit more natural, or "smoother/cooler" somehow. I haven't really got any ideas how to achieve that, except through some very subtle EQ that might on the artificial shifting.

rachmiel wrote:> Too strange for me...

aye carumba: this is by far the closest i've come (in this forum) to posting a conventional song. you should listen (not!) to my un-conventional music ... ;-)
He's not kidding...for rachmiel, this is Adult Contemporary... :hihi:
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

> This is really close to gorgeous

i agree, also with your critique. i'm in territory here that's beyond my realm of expertise: mixing "conventional" audio material. ;-) here's where i would need pop music studio skills ... which i don't have. yet anyway. :-)

hehe......
not strange at all by your standards ;)
It's very atmospheric, with thoe little magic moments that make you go "hmmm yes" and everything.
Back in 1991 I first listened to the Resident's Freak Show - this one is creating similar vibes IMO.

Marco :)

> Resident's Freak Show

o jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! the cd rom ... ? :-)

nope the CD, ...it WAS in 91.
Did they make CDRoms that early? Can you tell I was 16 and clueless at the time? :lol:
I was very impressed with the potentially evil atmospheres it created, that and the sometimes tragic lyrics made it so great (even though my english wasn't as good then as it is now).

This is lovely, Rick. The vocal treatment is odd at first, but has a certain rhythm to it that I found pleasing after a while. I'd actually like to hear her sing all those slides rather than have it done with the technology. That would be something.

I remember you were looking for a pitch bender a while ago, what did you settle on in the end?

Wyrd, a bit haunting, and quite beautiful imho. Thanks for more of your music, rachmiel.

> Did they make CDRoms that early

dude it was one of the first GREAT cd roms:

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/shared/resfreak.htm

think i still have it somewhere. :-)

> I'd actually like to hear her sing all those slides rather than have it done with the technology. That would be something.

yes. and she could do it too. she has the mariah carey high high high high high high (high) c thing going. and great intonation.

> I remember you were looking for a pitch bender a while ago, what did you settle on in the end?

i gave up! it was for a guy i was working with (for?) who wanted to create an all in one box for live performance, one of which features was the ability to add vibrato to audio streams.

i use sound forge when i need to transpose. it's okay.

Return to “Music Cafe”