The Odyssey

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LAST UPDATED:Feb 10th 2007

While I'm working on this project I'll keep you up to date with the progress. Let's hope I'll be able to push this through to some level before I grow bored of it. Up to now this project has 5 songs and I plan to let it go untill I have 1 hour worth of music from it. If you know the story you will know that the stor has more than enough materia to inspire much more than just 1 hour's worth of music.

I will update this page again after I re-recorded the other songs, or as I finish more songs.

Council of Olympus
(Updated Feb 10th 2007)
"Tell me, Oh muse" Zeus starts this epic story, Minerva enters Mount Olympus to plead the release of Ulysses. Zeus grants this request and set her on her way to call Telemachus on his quest in search of his father.
Sailing out
(New Feb 10th 2007)
Minerva and Telemachus set sails in search of Ulysses
Prayer for Neptune
(New Feb 10th 2007)
Tele and Minerv arives in Pylos where they join the festival of Neptune and receive the first word about Ulysses
El Penor
(Updated Feb 10th 2007)
The land where the souls of those who died on the battlefield goes.
Aeolus's Bag
(Updated Feb 10th 2007)
As Ulysses's ship approached home one of the sailors opened the bag which Aeolus left on board as a gift. To their surprise, the gift was a hurricane of Katrina-like proportion and blew them all the way back to Aeolus's island.
Last edited by Sepheritoh on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Whoa, what a soundtrack! Great music, hypnotizing. I especially like El Penor, this is very vivid and exciting, sounds like some kind of "let's mix irish folk with broadband hollywood scores" - with a stunning result, I have to admit.

Thank you for sharing,
Andreas

Thanks for the feedback & comments Andreas.

Update 28 Jan '07:

Added another song, track 1 of our epic.
Council of Olympus
"Tell me, Oh muse" Zeus starts this epic story, Minerva enters Mount Olympus to plead the release of Ulysses. Zeus grants this request and set her on her way to call Telemachus on his quest in search of his father.

Very professionally done. It's hard to find interesting classical-style music these days (Beethoven sucks).

Beautiful work! What library did you use for?

napalmbob & rince Thanks very much. The main library I use now is EWQLSO XP Gold. I just got it in their December sale. A pretty awesome library which I have not yet explored in its fullest.

Great work ! I love this kind of music, and I think you've got a nice touch composing, and producing this three tracks.
I look forward for more

Congratulations
&
Cheers

Nice pieces, although the strings at the beginning of Council of Olympus sound very 'keyboardy'. Once the first swells start, just before the flutes come in that goes away & starts to sound more 'real'. Maybe investigate the miking positions on the EW strings. You've got 3 - I'd say try more of the distant mikes as well as close, to get the strings to sit in with the brass, which stages very well.

El Penor suffers from the same thing, but Aeolus's Bag is completely overshadowed by the drums.
You've got to spend the same amount on a 'drum kit' as you did on the orchestra!!

What sequencer are you using? I'm on Cubase 4. If we're compatible, I'd volunteer to fix the drum track, if that's not too cheeky of me. PM me if you're vaguely interested.

Tetsujin thank you very much for the great advice and ideas. I will surely take it up and remix it. I am using Sonar 6. Not sure if it can exchange files with Cubase. I'll PM you.

LAST UPDATED:Feb 10th 2007

While I'm working on this project I'll keep you up to date with the progress. Let's hope I'll be able to push this through to some level before I grow bored of it. Up to now this project has 5 songs and I plan to let it go untill I have 1 hour worth of music from it. If you know the story you will know that the stor has more than enough materia to inspire much more than just 1 hour's worth of music.

I will update this page again after I re-recorded the other songs, or as I finish more songs.

Council of Olympus
(Updated Feb 10th 2007)
Sailing out
(New Feb 10th 2007)
Minerva and Telemachus set sails in search of Ulysses
Prayer for Neptune
(New Feb 10th 2007)
Tele and Minerv arives in Pylos where they join the festival of Neptune and receive the first word about Ulysses
El Penor
(Updated Feb 10th 2007)
The land where the souls of those who died on the battlefield goes.
Aeolus's Bag
(Updated Feb 10th 2007)
As Ulysses's ship approached home one of the sailors opened the bag which Aeolus left on board as a gift. To their surprise, the gift was a hurricane of Katrina-like proportion and blew them all the way back to Aeolus's island.

All links is original post updated

Return to “Music Cafe”