Massive TakeOff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As always, it doesn't fit any style (it's a bit trance/techno/electro-fusion with an 80's eurodance feel).

Gear: Massive (4x), Absynth, Melodyne, Firebird, MicroTonic. Vocals by Xnah (no samples).

The mix is more flat than before I started mixing :oops: but I'm packing my suitcase for travel now, and when I get back FAWM 2007 will have started (www.fawm.org), I won't have time to correct this song then.

Xnah: Massive TakeOff
<put your signature here>

hey, man...that is friggin' hoppin' - great. Yeah, the mix feels a bit static in a way but the tune was GREAT!!

mayan wrote:hey, man...that is friggin' hoppin' - great. Yeah, the mix feels a bit static in a way but the tune was GREAT!!
Thanks :). Maybe I shouldnt have sold my MPL Pro... suddenly my mixes suck ;).

Quite groovy! I like the sounds and the rhythm: Great tune!
The mix sounds well here, btw.

Greetings from GC
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:Quite groovy! I like the sounds and the rhythm: Great tune!
The mix sounds well here, btw.

Greetings from GC
Thanks :). If it sounded well now, you can imagine how it sounded before ;)... But maybe my ears were just strained after hours of listening to the same Massive sounds.

And now it's only a few more hours to the start of fawm :).

hehee...
Nice and weird, very cold and aloof-sounding.
I love the speech synth! It's a veritable hookline.

Why is the kick so ashamed of itself? It's almost non existant.

It's also kind of short, before you start to feel how cool it really is, it's over.

This could be a real stomper!

Marco :)

Nice song! I like the beginning much, and the rhythm that sets in. Nicely mixed for me too.

I liked it alot! Nice sounds and composition.

Personally, for me the mix could have been a little bit drier on the reverb and maybe used synced delay instead. As well some of the Massive stuff probably could be eq'd a bit... Still very nice :)

Jeremy_NSL wrote:
Personally, for me the mix could have been a little bit drier on the reverb and maybe used synced delay instead. As well some of the Massive stuff probably could be eq'd a bit... Still very nice :)
To me those remarks are incredibly useful, as while learning to mix and master it's nice to hear different opinions (just to ask yourself next time, "is it too much reverb on track X" or so. That said, I like the way Hans mixed it :) .

I really like this. The kick seems a little flabby and lacking in punch for my tastes, but the tune in general is infectious as hell. :)
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:I really like this. The kick seems a little flabby and lacking in punch for my tastes, but the tune in general is infectious as hell. :)
I really like that edgy squelchy bit throughout. Needs to get pumpin though I think. I agree that the kick needs to rise up!
Mix doesn't sound too bad to me. :shrug:

Someone's gonna do a killer remix while your out I bet! :wink:
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Thanks you all for the feedback. Maybe I should really rework this (after February). The drums are indeed a bit underdeveloped :s, it could use some more Stylus RMX :)... And the vocals... it's me + Melodyne, and the line was mostly ironic, after my wife and I listened to some tune on MTV that had the vocal sample 'ready for takeoff' included, while it made no sense at all for that song.

Anyway it seems like my recent music study efforts (= watching TMF and MTV a lot the last few weeks) is paying off ;).

There's some good looking sounds in there. The drums could use the same love you gave to the keyboards, for sure. But its a decent listen. Thanks for sharing
Jazzyspoon

Jazzyspoon wrote:The drums could use the same love you gave to the keyboards, for sure.
You have a nice and inspiring way of saying that :). Thanks.

Return to “Music Cafe”