[indie rock] tonight tonight tonight

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Strange new 'un... what's that, no guitars?!

Any feedback is welcome...

http://www.worksongs.net/work/tonight14.mp3

Hey Garret,

long time no see... listening right now...

really enjoyable..... lots of trickery in there... very nice

have you written this without guitars or just edited them out in the end????

really like the drums
vocals are superb as always (it still reminds me of notwist but in a very good way - you got your own sound but it has some of the same qualities)

top song

what's the bass synth ??? is it ORCA?

Thanks for listening, Mully.. Yah, I've been mostly absent from kvr for a while now, too swamped with a second baby and working on my tunes... but I like to sneak in sneal some feedback on occasion. :)

I think I wrote this one without guitars. I picked that drum loop, then wrote bass against it... eventually filled in the arrangement as a tune took shape in my head. I can play it on guitar, but it's odd.. mostly two chords (tonic and V), just an occasional dominant seventh, doesn't sound like much of a song really, but somehow it works in the guitar-less form.

The bass is iblit, thrown through Voxengo Tapebus for some thickness.

yeah it does.... I'm not missing the guitar at all here... I was just curious on how it came to be

bump :cool:

Hi Garret,

It's nice to hear you again... :D
Your music is still smiling.

This one has a great character with this fast drums.
Superb vocals. Great melody. Nice second voice.
The bass and the synth are very nice..

The scratching sound is weird at 0,18 and 0,37 etc... Not sure i like it.
Have you tried something else to make a change at this moments ?

Xavier

Glad you like it, Xavier. Yah, that scratchy alternate loop might be a bit too much... there's also an auto panning cymbal thing at the same time... maybe I can drop the drum loop a lot, and leave the cymbals up.

How's the vocal sound? I was getting over a cold, and I can still hear it... can you?

Cheers,
-G

garret wrote:How's the vocal sound? I was getting over a cold, and I can still hear it... can you?
The vocals are perfect to my ears !
Your voice sounds cured. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”