January Contest: Results

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echo Voodoo wrote: It's kinda cool that I ended up with the same number of first-place votes as the winner (and one less than the tied-for-second-place song); how often does that happen to the 30th-placed entry?
That means they either love ya, or they hate ya.

With that in mind, you should do well in the February contest.

S
Bunch O Stuff

{and now.....in honor of the guests tonight, mr. holymoly would like to say a few words}

Ummmm....whew! wow, what a month, huh?

bear with me folks...i'm a little nervous as this is my first time on this stage. luckily, i'm wearing 3 sets of underwear as just now 2 layers have been penetrated with my lemonade. I apologize, I'm not up here to talk about my temporary bladder issues tonight. Actually....I want to congratulate everyone here and especially the top 3 - 132 point winners, quite an achievement there and with me109 right on their heels. everyone...everyone - please give a hand to all the contestants....

{loud clapping starts & the camera pans to oddsbods, jamesb & zeoy. some random shots of the other top 10 winners show up on the screen and now some folks begin to stand up at their table clapping to the winners. camera man at oddsbod's table pans in on him and you can tell he starts blushing a little and then shrugs his shoulders to the other members at the table; he then turns to his significant other and whispers something in her ear and camera pans back out; jamesb & zeoy happen to be sitting at the same table and pointing and giving the thumbs up to each other - a couple of guys from the next table slap jamesb on the back and zeoy decideds to stand up for a quick bow (he's a bit of a funny guy)}

right...the teleprompter says I've got 2 minutes and I don't want the poor fellas holding this show together to start hyperventilating because i went over. hehe....

{after 5 seconds of trying to find it in his pockets, he finally pulls out his little slip of paper}

I want to personally thank the following cats for putting me somewhere in their Top 10: Misters or Missus....Echo Voodoo, squakMix, jakob, d'Mast, birrbits, bass-ic senses, Barnadine & slartibartfast....and especially Pi_314 for placing me in his Numero Dos spot. PI - dude....thank you my man.

{he looks and points at Pi_314 and throws him a rock n' roll fist; the camera takes a minute to find Pi_314, but eventually finds him sitting next to some real hottie that he's already making plans to do her 3.14 different ways tonight after the KVR after-show party}

I am honored and I am blessed. If I see any of you rock and rollers later tonight....I'm buying drinks.

{he notices 2 beautiful ladies on either side of him inching closer and closer to ultimately waddle him off stage, which would be ok since they're drop-dead gorgeous}

and lastly....I want to thank mom, dad, wife, sis, my other sis, brother-in-law, maid, dog, yard-man, post lady, DHL & Fedex guys, my UPS guy for 10 years and finally....my 2 little girls, as without you - my life would be incomplete; you are my everything, my soul, my passion, my angels....and if you're still up - you better be in bed and asleep when I get home tonight!

{the pretty ladies are here now}

thank you all !!!

{camera pans out and breaks for commercials}

it is a huge honour to be fifth in this line up of remarkable individuals.

well done everyone - we enjoyed it to the fullest

A usual congratz to the winners
And another thank you for the people who voted for my song
My first entry who made it into the top 10 here at Kvr

Congrats to the winners! Thanks to everyone for participating and giving my mp3 player more fuel.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks for the votes to: gag3, Echo Voodoo, Polite Company, Jamesb, holymoly, rachmiel, Laguna Rising, Emerald Tablet, oddbods finger, peppy197, Zombie Queen, jakob, farlukar, Sepheritoh, SARcazm, Zeoy, Barnadine, niko, LUBI, thomekk and especially nikp2000 and kara for Number 2's.
:D
I feel highly honoured to have had so many votes in such a well populated contest this month.
The standard has been phenomenal and the voting even more difficult than usual.
Thanks everyone. And well done all!

:D

Congrats to oddbods finger, jamesb and Zeoy. :)

Huge thanks for the reviews that are much appreciated.

Thanks Scoops for the contest.
And thanks for the votes...

Now a love song.... :scared:

Xavier

Congratulations to the winners and everybody else!
"It dreamed itself along"

Thank you to everyone for their votes, and the HMs, and for just listening

I must admit after seeing this....
core wrote:
I had some time on my hands this morning so i put some stuff in excel and it looks interesting indeed (note: of course I might've made a typo and I don't know if Scoops has closed the voting yet, so these obviously are not the official results)

...this wasn't the result I was expecting! :?

A very very close run thing it turned out to be. Congrats to Zeoy & James b.

A three way tie would've been nice

Sorry oddbods, I probably shouldn't have posted that screen...
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.

Winners and losers congratulations!

Thanks to everybody who reviewed, voted and listened to my song.

I have just noticed something interesting...
58 people in Jan. participated and my track on our server has only been opened 41 one times

I'm trying to understand how this is possible.
- Are the participating track copied somewhere (like for Maklefords radio pe.) so that there is second download location ?
- Or does it simply mean that 17 contest participants just didn't listen to the track ? And that is in best case because I guess that some non contest participants allso listen to the track ?

Is this logic right or do I miss something here, I have allways been very bad at math's, propably the reason I became a musician... In my music if you can count up to 12 you get allready very far.

kara wrote:I have just noticed something interesting...
58 people in Jan. participated and my track on our server has only been opened 41 one times

I'm trying to understand how this is possible.
- Are the participating track copied somewhere (like for Maklefords radio pe.) so that there is second download location ?
- Or does it simply mean that 17 contest participants just didn't listen to the track ? And that is in best case because I guess that some non contest participants allso listen to the track ?

Is this logic right or do I miss something here, I have allways been very bad at math's, propably the reason I became a musician... In my music if you can count up to 12 you get allready very far.
Kara, in his first post Scoops noted 'an "x" in in front of a name indicates full participating contestant'
If I counted right there were 45 'full participating contestants'. I suppose this means that only 45 out if the 59 voted. Maybe this, partly, answers your question :shrug: I always see voting in these contests as matter of trust. I don't wanna even think that one could vote without having listened to all the tunes.
A similar pattern to your case happened to 1-2-many. A very good song (not my taste though) with many votes at the beginning but slowed down later.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Stats on my track from AWstats:
/samples/mp3/0701_core_rain.mp3 228 (viewed), 1.07 MB (average size), 181 (entry), 177 (exit).

I think that means there are a bunch of streams that didn't do the whole whole track (from Markleford's radio I guess, maybe returning listeners just checking a few seconds or something) or perhaps some partial downloads, since the avarage size that is smaller than the whole file.

What type of logging software do you get these numbers from Kara? I find it odd my numbers are so much higher even though I think we both entered the contest on page 1 this month.

I'm using leech ftp and I just upload-download. I have no idea how you find those stats guys :shrug: I'm still a web noob me thinks :clown:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Return to “Music Cafe”