Experimental Hip Hop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Experimental Hip Hop
(it is not finished)
http://media.putfile.com/Kian---Meet-Me-At-The-Arena

Cool. I really liked all of the glitchy prefuse73 style breaks and stuff. Arrangement was nice. The only problem I had was the whole thing felt a bit to rigid and mechanical. The beats maybe need some timing offsets/velocity changes or something to make them feel a bit more organic. I'll have to check it out when it's finished.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

afreshcupofjoe wrote:Cool. I really liked all of the glitchy prefuse73 style breaks and stuff. Arrangement was nice. The only problem I had was the whole thing felt a bit to rigid and mechanical. The beats maybe need some timing offsets/velocity changes or something to make them feel a bit more organic. I'll have to check it out when it's finished.
yeah most definitely, some fades in and out would be really good and maybe some more atmosphere like reverbs on some sounds

put some smart vocals, make it a bit longer with breaks and stuff. then be done with it and post again! can't wait to hear finished version.

This is a good start. Will there be a flow-calist on this track eventually? looking forward to it when/if it does.
I have my own experimental hip hop project called JAES 1 that has some hybrid DNB/glitch style grooves as well. (featuring Jaeser on vocals)
Keep up the good work and find someone flexible to work with on this (vocally). Great drum work, but i also thought a little amount of shuffle goes a long way in hip hop grooves.
peace and thank you for sharing,
Jazzyspoon

Return to “Music Cafe”