Pedal point follow-up

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just for a bit of fun. :hihi:
After achieving #6 in last months contest with PedallingHome, a few commenters asked to hear an extended version of the 'bit in the middle'. Here it is.
For those that missed the original, the story goes:
Father Reilly was cycling home in the dark after the dance was over. The rhythmic cadence of the pedals evoked a fleeting memory of the band playing back at the dancehall, giving him a feeling of well-being for organising yet another successful event and making his auld heart pump the adrenaline needed to get him home to his bed.
http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song. ... ad_id=4140

This is the extended version of Pedalling Home. It's meant to be a 'tongue in cheek' commentary! The recording tries to emulate that 'amateur band at the small church hall' sound. .....the story goes:
That feeling of satisfaction that the old priest has when he remembers the sound of the band that HE found. He booked them himself and when they turned up with all that equipment, even a Hammond organ (they must be good, he thought) and they managed to mix all the styles, from traditional reels to modern waltzes, he was well pleased. They really deserved that applause. God bless them!!
http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song. ... ad_id=4141
:wink:

the kara site wrote:ack! query failed:
errorno=1136
error=Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
query=INSERT INTO systb_log_downloads VALUES( 0,'2007.02.11','91.5.220.99','',0,0, now() )
:(

Bonteburg wrote:the kara site wrote:
ack! query failed:
errorno=1136
error=Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
query=INSERT INTO systb_log_downloads VALUES( 0,'2007.02.11','91.5.220.99','',0,0, now() )
Beats me, mate......
It all works OK here!
:shrug:

was temporal.. :)

Nice tune, note to self: must play guitar more! :tu:
That pedal point effect, it gives a song something insistent and haunting somehow.

Marco :)

This is very nice :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Watto wrote:This is very nice :)
I concur with my learned colleague's opinion m'lud :wink:

:love:
Thanks for the comments, folks.
Glad you enjoyed the fun.
:D

Return to “Music Cafe”