First mix - would appreciate feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I usually only produce radio commercials and such. This was my first venture mixing a song from top to bottom. I'd love any feedback, good or bad!

The name of the band is Third Union, which I am not in. I just mixed it.

http://www.vocalvoodoo.com/ItDoesntTakeMuchMix.mp3

Cheers!
Vocalvoodoo Productions and VO
St. Louis, MO
www.Vocalvoodoo.com
www.facebook.com/vocalvoodooproductions

No one? Is there a thread more suited for posting mixes, or is Music Cafe the place?
St. Louis, MO
www.Vocalvoodoo.com

ANY opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
St. Louis, MO
www.Vocalvoodoo.com

The only thing that annoyed me was the vocal rapping bits (not the detah metal grunting) could do with some compession/limiting as it made my ears flinch at the peaks.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Thanks a lot, Vari. I do appreciate the input. Your point is taken and that's something I'm going to tweak including other suggestions from folks on other forums regarding this tune.

Cheers
St. Louis, MO
www.Vocalvoodoo.com

hi I've listened to the track once through my mission pro sm6a: I have the feeling that the snare drum is too much upfront in the mix (its 'ring' is also a bit distracting), snare's depht is almost the same as the vocals, which is a mistake IMO. Also I feel that guitars could be a little bit more "in the face". The overall sound is pretty good, I think you caught the right tones for the genre. Sounds like a good job to me.

cheers
Cubase 10 / VPS Avenger / Zebra2 / Hive2 / Line6 Helix
i7-4800MQ / 8gbRAM / Win10 x64 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
http://www.facebook.com/punktronix

Thanks for listening, FRZ. Yeah, the snare is definitely obtrusive. ESPECIALLY the ring. It almost has the Metallica St. Anger sound, but not quite THAT bad. lol Point taken. :)
St. Louis, MO
www.Vocalvoodoo.com

Return to “Music Cafe”