Electronic soundscape

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is kind of different from the stuff I normally create, so i thought I would throw it out there and see what sticks to the wall.
Its seems there's a lot of music tracks on the forum currently in this sort of ethnotronic hybrid style music that is far more talented than this track.(the Arglebargle Cerulean Skies track and the Waveriderarts track immediately come to mind) But, what the hell....

A CHARMED LIFE - Jazzyspoon
192 kpbs 10.9mb 7:54

Thanks for those who have the time to listen.
peace.

I really like the atmosphere of the piece.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

Great stuff Jazzy! Love the transitions, the way the slightly eerie industrial feel gives way to the wet arp and beats, then a more ethnic feel (and very groovy) beat. I like the way its all held together in a subtle way by some background elements and the sax-like instrument (what is that exactly?)

Fantastic!
Image Image

Weird, creepy, dark, tribal. There are so many ways to describe this. Not the sort of stuff I usually hear from you (as you said), but still a talented piece of work, yet again. Think I might have a dabble in doing an ambient, slighty creepy soundscape. I've never tried something like this. I dig this kind of fusion.

And I second what Poly asked; What is that wind instrument?

P3U6!SUn 3H+

Sorry I never got wind of your questions and I'm getting back to you a few months later. (looking for reviews for my webpage). It's a sound made in absynth. I was kind of going for a indian bassoon type sound (snake charmers flute), but it end up sounding like a freakish saxamophone.
Again, sorry for the late response.
peace
jazzyspoon

A moody piece with intriguing ethnic undertones. Congrats, especially so since it's not what you usually compose. I agree with the previous posters on the saxophonish sound being the most striking feature of this track. Sounds great! :)

cloudspine wrote:A moody piece with intriguing ethnic undertones. Congrats, especially so since it's not what you usually compose. I agree with the previous posters on the saxophonish sound being the most striking feature of this track. Sounds great! :)
I don't have much more to add beyond what Cloudspine said, except I love the pad that comes in at around the 3 minute mark.
:love:

Excellent work here, Jazzy- another piece with great flow to it, and of course your trademark attention to the drum programming. Lovely!
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Weird - this is either your best song ever or I have, predictably given my 1/2 year absense and lack of facility with proper nouns, mistaken you with some other KVRians. If so, I appologize.

I did notice that the number of music critiques went way down while I was away.
I'm not really sure which part is "ethno" (I shudder at the term) - perhaps the oboe?
But I found it highly enjoyable and want to make those blurpy autowah drums, too!
It's always a good sign when a colleague immediately wants to steal your sounds, oui?

:tu:
A nice one !

I like the evolution of atmosphere and the experimental choice of sounds (mixing instruments from different realities). Great rhythmic development.

Cheers

wow. Thanks for everyone's feedback (after 3 months!). Really glad you enjoyed it after all.
Runagate, your absence was noticed and thank you for wanting to steal my sounds.:oops:
It is a compliment of the highest order.
peace and thank you for listening
Jazzy

Return to “Music Cafe”