CypherOne - Rebound

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I had a minor car crash this morning so I stayed off work and finished this...well sort of.

http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song. ... ad_id=4195

kind of acid/breakbeat thing as usual.

Really grateful to anyone that listens and comments. Could probably add a whole heap more and yes I guess some EQ wouldn't hurt....:hihi:

Thanks for your time :wink:

CypherOne wrote:...I guess some EQ wouldn't hurt.
But not too much, really. Plenty of well represented torque in the mids...the track has lots of smash, which is vital for this genre. What ever you are doing here is working well for you. The top is crunchy without being overly sharp. That can be a tough balance to get with some of these squelchy, overdriven resonant filters, trashy industrialesque percussion sounds, and such.

This mix is present enough that I think it would take a bit more whomp on the deep end. However, depending on your monitoring environment, discerning what "a bit more whomp" is might be kind of a sticky wicket. Perhaps something along this line, maybe...?

www.headroomproductions.com/Mastering/Rebound_eq.mp3

I lifted in a little more bottom under some compression, and there are a few other *wee* tweaks here and there as well, but nothing extreme at all, the overall balance is basically already there for the greater part. Nice crunchy track on the whole, mate...the sound just flys out of the speakers.

Luckily, I somehow never seem to get completely bored of that 303 sound, otherwise I might have gonged the track for that alone. :hihi:
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

wow, thanks for taking the time, downloading now :)

Pretty nice again. The only thing i miss is a veryvery deep bass sound (like a sinewave) from the low end (maybe it would require the change of the bassdrum 2), because i think, the bassline itself is not that enough to drive the track as it should. Except this i really like this track once again! :wink:

hello mate, long time no speak/type :grin:

I might have another track available later, a full on 'Plump DJ' style funker...started writing it yesterday, with a bit of luck it will get finished today :wink:

very nice as always. I like the hypnotic vibrato effect on the high notes and the grungey bassline :phones:
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

nice one man :)

i'd like hear some low end bline like others.

cool track

topaz :wink:

thanks guys -

kilroy - thanks again for bothering, I can't hear a massive difference mind you, but I haven't played both versions back to back yet.

Jbravo & topaz - it's really pleasing to get the opinions of people who's music you know and love, even if they are only being polite :hihi: :wink:

Cypher,
You and I have similar tastes in sound designs. I really like some of the sound choices you made for this track. Some great 303 key work in the mid section. Totally grooves.
Thanks for sharing,
Jazzyspoon

p.s. i only listened to the "eq" version. Sounds pretty tight on my monitors.

CypherOne wrote:Jbravo & topaz - it's really pleasing to get the opinions of people who's music you know and love, even if they are only being polite :hihi: :wink:
too modest as always :wink:
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

downloading, listen next week...cheers!

cool, banging' piece...can't comment on production because these office speakers are -um- crap. Oh well, cool nonetheless.

CypherOne wrote:kilroy - thanks again for bothering...
Twas no bother. :)
I can't hear a massive difference mind you, but I haven't played both versions back to back yet.
To be sure, the difference should not be too over the top. You should be able to hear/feel it though.

If not...well...there's always summat a bit more like this.

http://www.headroomproductions.com/Mast ... _Basso.mp3
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

cheers all :grin:

Loved the 303, but felt it took too long before it was introduced.
Otherwise, nice track.

Return to “Music Cafe”