March is prog rock month?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so I thought we'd indulge in some banter on the subject...
Last edited by wavephonic on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Powerful pathetic hiway-wankery. Quite good and well mixed...now you have to zip it to enter the contest :hihi:. You know: The 2 min limit.

melloprogwatch
"It dreamed itself along"

Whoa! Prog rock month! Ok, I have to participate in this one...look at my sig, for crying out loud, how could I pass this up?!

mellotronaut wrote:...now you have to zip it to enter the contest :hihi: .
:lol:

Nice track Ed, I like your rocking side, excellent guitar playing.
Prog atmospheres and mood : it works great and it's well produced

Cheers

mellotronaut wrote:pathetic hiway-wankery.
melloprogwatch
that made my day mello :lol: :lol: should've been the thread title,

those guys are too good over there, I'm just trying to be incredibly average

jplanet wrote:Ok, I have to participate in this one...
tell them I sent ya, I got some pull with the judges

hey Laguna how you doin, spring time gets me rockin every time

thanks for stoppin in

I'm in, feel free to check out Time-Space Continuum and Frenetic Passage via my sig.

jeffn1
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

sniff sniff....i also said POWERFUL :cry: :hihi:

:wink:

melloplasma
"It dreamed itself along"

Image Good!
Image Take this; you hater!

Wish me luck guys: tomorrow night I'm performing with a one-night-only band called STYNX where we will NOT perform anything by Styx, but we are performing, among others:

Pink Floyd, Have A Cigar
Supertramp, Bloody Well Right
Yes, Roundabout

The hardest keys in the whole set? The opening solo to "Bloody Well Right." It's the epitome of feeling and funk...I even got my Wurly fixed to play it...no "Mr. Ray" or "Mr. Tramp" for this one.

Is it just my obviously hopeful optimism, or is there a renewing interest in prog rock nowadays? A few years ago you couldn't even utter the name of the genre without being laughed at, but now it seems that people are warming up to it again...I guess it's not as 'pompous' as it became in the late 70's, since prog bands are no longer rich enough to hire symphony orchestras and have rotating stages...

I just think people are more open-minded now and realize that anything goes now...but with a price: it is almost unthinkable that any one particular subset of rock or pop or anything is going to be "king" ever again. Even though we have 12 rotating stages for tomorrow night and a personal chef (just kidding), there is no chance of an ELP or Yes ever being on top of the music world ever again.

It's a free-for-all out there...with more genres than can be named...and that's cool: but it also means only the most common denominator pop or hip-hop or whatever can truly capture the masses. Look at Coldplay or Muse: they are writing great songs and would have been the biggest bands in the world 15 or 20 years ago...but the audience now is splintered to hell and gone!

good luck to all, I'm currently in 67th place, up from 68th

love ya mello

COol track, man!

Return to “Music Cafe”