Celldweller Remix Contest [Round 2]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ROUND 2 HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED

Deadline is 06/15/07

Visit: http://www.remix.celldweller.com

GRAND PRIZE:

• Custom Engraved Video iPod with entire Celldweller Audio/Video catalogue pre-loaded

• Logic Pro audio software

• Oxygen 8 v2 controller from M-Audio

• Reaktor 5 audio software from Native Instruments

• Timeless audio software from FabFilter

• Guitar String Package from Firewire Strings

• Free CD Sign-Up, Barcode and 1 year hosting from CDBaby

• Free T-Shirt from FIXT Clothing

• Featured Spot on a Round 2 REMIX CD from FIXT MUSIC

• 2 Copies of REMIX CD from FIXT Music

• Free membership to Indiecore.com for six months

• Featured Song on Celldweller Myspace page for 1 month

• EQ Magazine - 1 year Subscription

• Keyboard Magazine - 1 year Subscription

• Featured Link on Remix.Celldweller.com

• Early Access to Round 3 Remix Files

1ST RUNNER UP:

• Custom Engraved iPod Nano with entire Celldweller Audio/Video catalogue pre-loaded

• Mobile Laptop Studio Bag from M-Audio

• Free CD Sign-Up and Barcode from CDBaby

• Free REMIX CD from FIXT Music

• Early Access to Round 2 Remix Files

2nd Runner Up:

• Mobile Laptop Studio Bag from M-Audio

ALL FINALISTS:

Klayton's Pick:

Prizes for contest winners consist of software packages from Apple's Logic Pro, Native Instruments M-audio, Fabfilter, and Cakewalk's Dimension Pro and Rapture, Gear Cards from Guitar Center, music accessories, digital distribution and web hosting via CD Baby, clothing and accessories from FIXT Clothing and custom engraved Video iPod's with the entire Celldweller Audio & Video catalog pre-loaded. Winning mixes will also appear on an upcoming Celldweller Remix CD from FIXT (FixtMusic.Com), Klayton's new music/clothing label.

Although Grand Prize, 2nd & 3rd place contest winners will be dependent on fan voting, there will also be 2 additional chances to be recognized. Klayton as well as Keyboard Magazine will each be handpicking an additional winner. From there, winners and top picks will also have the opportunity for their remixes to be placed into Film, Television and Video Games, just as nearly every released Celldweller track to date has accomplished.

To get involved visit the Remix Competition's official site: http://www.Remix.Celldweller.Com. On March 1st, Round 2 launches with the song "Frozen" from the Debut Celldweller album available on http://www.Celldweller.Com and Itunes.

Guidelines:

-File must be 128kbps@44.1kHz MP3 format; no more, no less.

-File Name Format must be in this form:

•Artist_Remix Name

•Artist_Remix Name (inst)

•Be sure to update your MP3 ID3 tags with this same format.

-Minimum length- 2:00.

-Maximum upload file size of 30MB (email us for larger files).

-5.1 Surround submitters need to (email us for submission instructions.

-4 Entries Per Participant (contact us for multiple legitimate entries).

-Absolutely no use of copyrighted content (i.e. illegal samples or mashups). All music must be original.

-Remixes found on any public sites will be disqualified from the contest.

-Credit shall be given to remixers via name and link.

-Celldweller shall own all rights to all remixes composed.

-Uploaded mixes are not guaranteed to be posted. All submissions will be reviewed and selected mixes will be posted.

For additional information contact: Thomas Covert, Celldweller Productions, e-mail: thomascovert[at]celldweller.com[/b]

Wow, this is great !

I seem to have missed Round 1 completely. :cry:

Great song to remix, but difficult to remix something that already sounds close to perfection. :(

Anyway, I'm going to give it a try !

Peter.
My band : The Black Tartan Clan (celtic punkrock)

like the artwork on your main page dude, real cool. Looks like pen and ink. Thumbs up to the artist.

There are some really good mixes this round, anyone else entering?

We have added more prizes this round as well as an extended deadline so I hope more people get involved. Thanks for your support and Good luck!

...and here is my entry:

http://www.remix.celldweller.com/display.php?ID=28

Have a listen/Let me know what you think!
Danno

I'm gonna see what i can come up with.

Already so many good mixes, that i dont really feel i could best any of them though. :(

Keep them coming guys, still pleanty of time.

Danno wrote:...and here is my entry:

http://www.remix.celldweller.com/display.php?ID=28

Have a listen/Let me know what you think!
Danno
Sorry Danno, still working on my own remix. I never listen to other remixes while working on my own (risk to be influenced ... or maybe discouraged :wink: ).
I will surely check it out once mine is finished !

Peter.

lsd wrote:There are some really good mixes this round, anyone else entering?
My mix made the CD in round 1

Yet to start round 2, but I will be there.
Athlon 3800+ x2, 1 gig ram, 200gb SATA
Terratec 24/96 sound card, ATI all-in-wonder x600 graphics card, Windows XP Home SP2, Steinberg Cubase SX2, Reason 2.5

I would have participated if it wasn't for the fact that this is based on fan voting. As I don't have a horde of internet mates it seems a bit pointless participating as I'd only get a few votes. :(

Oh thats how the winner is decided? Frell that man. Thats just a competition of who has the most friends and can spam on the most forums and chats.

Count me out.

Who cares about winning guys ? It's all about the joy of remixing a great track like that ! 8)

Peter.

pschelfh wrote:Who cares about winning guys ? It's all about the joy of remixing a great track like that ! 8)

Peter.
Well Said
Athlon 3800+ x2, 1 gig ram, 200gb SATA
Terratec 24/96 sound card, ATI all-in-wonder x600 graphics card, Windows XP Home SP2, Steinberg Cubase SX2, Reason 2.5

Hmmm..... I know about 10 other remix competitions happening atm. so I'm afraid I'm gonna choose one where I actually might be able to get something out of my hard work. I agree it's a great song, heck if you click my link you'll notice Celldweller is one of my main influences. However, I'm tired of doing remixing just for fun, when I could use that time to be working on my own CD instead.
If there was a dedicated panel of judges I would definitely go for it, but as it's based on who's got the most internet friends....nah.

Return to “Music Cafe”