Have you thought this song wasn't an "good" song ? Please.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry and apology for my... insistence. :(

I'd written a song called "Le Long de cette rue-là"
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com/06tele ... eruela.mp3

I think it's my prefered song. I like it. :shrug:
I've never submitted this song on this forum, but I'd asked to Rockstar_not to sing this song for Music Cafe.
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com/06tele ... gscott.mp3
This guy has a so nice voice... So nice. His cover was so great, moving for me. Thank's again, Scott.

And only 63 clicks for this song. I was very deceived, sad, I confess.
Do you think this song is a bad song ? Say me..
Too slow, too strange or melancholy ?

This forum is also a forum where we can say if a song isn't a song, how to say, accomplished or attractive.
I shoud want have more comments. Please.
You can say : "OK, Daniel, we don't love this song, because..." :)
Help me. :(
It's a good challenge for a musician to understand the comments, kind or not. Humility.

Apology again, but I must progress. :?
I make songs for me, but also for others...

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

hey daniel!
it's a great song, very beautiful... all instruments sounds very clean, and the construction is irreproachable.
i like it, it's a litlle bit jazzy, a little bit melancholic, but it's principally very great !!!
i prefer with english lyrics (because i dont really like to understand lyrics when i'm listening a song!).
great work!
Jack

JacK_SoliuM wrote:i prefer with english lyrics (because i dont really like to understand lyrics when i'm listening a song!).
but yours lyrics are beautiful !

JacK_SoliuM wrote: but yours lyrics are beautiful !
and so is your voice !

I also constantly strive for any criticism with my music. Good and bad. In fact, i actually prefer bad criticism alot of the time so that i can improve.
I love this song alot, especially the clarinet. (Soundfont?) And your classical guitar is amazing. I like his voice alot and i think it fits the song. I think the only bad thing about it (and this is only because you WANT me to choose a bad point) is that it has no catchy melody, and no real distinct division between chorus/verse/etc., which i personally feel needs to be distinct in any song with vocals. I found myself listening because it's beautiful, but not because it's catchy. If that makes sense. It is a strange song, yes.
But by all means, keep your style. Alot of times it IS better to abandon the intro/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge whatever structure for something else. Just look at most modern music. It seems only pop and rock seem to keep that structure. :shrug:
The only reason it got only 1 click from me is that i saved it :D

I really hate leaving bad feedback for someone, but I promise, I only do constructive critisism.

I'm hearing multiple problems with the instruments. They sound very 'plastic' and cold. The guitar at the very beginning sounds very "general MIDI-ish" and thin. Sounds like samples with only 1 or 2 velocity layers. The performance sounds too consistent, either because the MIDI parts were copied over and over (or is step sequenced instead of actually played with a keyboard that has velocity sensitivity), or the lack of dynamics in the samples. I'm hearing volume fades in the samples, but not actual dynamics. Also, any instrument that requires breathing to play (like your clarinet sample) you HAVE to leave an opportunity for the 'player' to breathe i.e. allow every 2 to 4 measures to stop for a brief period to actually take a breath, otherwise, anyone who plays those instruments knows it's not real. I know I have to watch myself all the time with that.

The panning in the song is pretty good. Gives an opportunity to give 'space' to the song. The heavy reverb on the vocals and not on the full mix give a bad 'disconnection' like they're in two different places, and the mix doesn't 'gel' well. Might want to bus everything together and give a light reverb to the whole mix instead.

As was mentioned earlier, there's no real 'theme' to catch on that really catches the ear for me. The vocals just seem to be placed over the song, but doens't really feel like it belongs, as nothing backs up his vocal melody at all for the whole song.

I hope that helps at least.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

:) i'm a fan of this work.

it's a delicately balanced piece to my ears, quite haunting and certainly elegaic. seems to reveal itself in light and shade gradually and requires the reflection one gives to sculpture - we must let it turn slowly until its form makes sense. ahh! my comments sound highly pretentious :oops: :D

but, sadly i think this very form may account for the fact that few have given feedback - the 'entertain me now-whore culture' of the internet makes for very short attention spans, perhaps if this music were heard in a different context it would be given its due, but alas, even kvr cannot stall the urge people feel to click and move on every 5 seconds.

anyway, it's a lovely track and suits my particular tastes - it doesn't sound contemporary and deals with things in an abstract way that demonstrates a feel for the evocative spirit of the world. great.

thanks for sharing

regards

DevonB wrote:...
As was mentioned earlier, there's no real 'theme' to catch on that really catches the ear for me. The vocals just seem to be placed over the song, but doens't really feel like it belongs, as nothing backs up his vocal melody at all for the whole song...
That's what i was getting at. I love the way his vocals sound, but the music doesnt quite "back him up".

Bad english language.

Yes. :)
Nice. Many things to improve, to think. :?
Thank's to you, guys, for all the feedbacks.
You say, yes, this song is good because...
And you say, I don't like this part or this choice or this recording because...
These reviews are very "build" ("étayées" in french language)

A book is living only if it's read.
A music is living only if it's listened. I believe.
A musician creates also for other people, and must create a bridge to communicate his feeling, his pain, and other things. :D

I like these posts because there's advices to improve.
It's no often.

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

Return to “Music Cafe”