Reperio/"Discover" - Minimalistic Coursework Piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://filexoom.com/files/2007/2/8/5779 ... lewicz.mp3

:ud: Thought i'd post a track in the cafe as i havnt been to teh Cafe for a while. This is a piece i have just completed for my 2nd term composition coursework piece. Its an 'experimental' piece, quite minimalistic, and its for two guitars (although i actualy multi-tracked it).

For those interested in experimental/graphic scores here it is:

http://filexoom.com/files/2007/2/8/5779 ... lewicz.pdf

Enjoy,

:D

WoJ

just listened to it;
I like it (it coud have lasted longer too (as some gf of mine used to say, in my younger days :hihi: ))
I generally enjoy it when silence is given its due place.
Where are you studying composition, actually ?

Cheers for the listen! ;)

Im studying composition only as a minor subject (my major is Music Tech) at Lancaster University. The composition course it totaly different from what i expected it to be - i was worried i wouldnt be able 'keep up' if we were to study 'heavy on' classical music, but the course is very much aimed at getting away from 'classical' principals. The first lecture/seminar we had was quite a shock tbh - we all stood round in a circle in groups and the tutor instructed us to clap/hum different rhythms creating a great rhythmic piece... :hihi:

WoJ

I quite liked this, though in its abbreviated form ( :) ) I felt the intro was too long. of course, I have just had coffee and time may be flowing a bit different for my impatient self. whatevers! cool textures that sculpt a string-but not quite sound. Nice rhythms without beats.
..what goes around comes around..

cheers for the listen ouroboros :ud:

i did intend for the piece to have a bit 'more' to it...but the thing is...its got to be handed in tomorrow at 12:00. and i only just started it...today...teh day before the deadline :hihi:

i've had weeks and weeks to write a piece! :dog: never leave things till the last min people! :P

so i thought i'd better just get something finished to hand in.

WoJ

Return to “Music Cafe”