vegetative bliss

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

another regular-ish groove:

Vegetative Bliss

enjoy. :-)

Yeah, this is unbelievably straight for you... I mean, I think it's great, but can you live with yourself?! :wink:

Not sure why, but I fully expected you to be throwing us off with the title. I turned the volume down before hitting play as I expected like 170 bpm chaos.

Anyhow, I thought this was packed with sonic nutrients, nothing too spicy, but a good dose of the staples. Tasteful groove with a side order of grains, some delicious pads.
Image Image

yeah...just another Sunday stuffing my head with ear candy and cool sounds. Thanks, rachmiel...you've been busy and it's all quite magnificent.

Good stuff, Rick. Agreed that is fairly straight, but I think it's still far enough off the straight line to still be you.

polyslax,

in my first draft i had a dense layering of screaming reedlike monstrosities ... but the groove itself is so appealing to me that i didn't want to potentially ruin its charm ... and i also fear i'm starting to repeat myself with the screaming "melody" solution. so i dared to go very straight-ish.

mayan, always appreciate your excellent ears.

thanks shamann. straight is daring for me.

rachmiel wrote:straight is daring for me.
And you know, it actually sounds that way.

amen to that

Only this group of people could put this track in the ball park of straight, regular or normal.

On a serious note, I was showing some of my coworkers (who do main-stream hip hop and vocal pop and the like) some time stretching techniques using various algos. Their response... this is going to be all over Pop music next year- Like it's something new! I explained that the results of some of these techniques aren't reproducible enough to have any mainstream appeal.

Very nice groove here, thanks for all the amazing work you've been putting out lately. I have needed a rest from all the death metal my fiance listens to.

3am

Great piece !!
very deep atmosphere , some huge industrial sounds and sick drums !!!
yeah! i really like it !
congrats!

Return to “Music Cafe”