Polyslax - Escape The Shots Within

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks! If you're looking a some down tempo, you may want to have a listen.

Escape The Shots Within

128 bit .mp3
6.9 mb
7:31 mins

Cheers!
Last edited by polyslax on Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

a murmur, the voices from within, grapes' drops flirt.
I never get tired from listening to your songs...and this is no exception...i should paint to your music...Great track again!

m
"It dreamed itself along"

This was a real treat. In my head phones there is this really cool effect on the rhythm parts that makes them drift behind me with each repeat of the delay. The vocal stuff is cool, I would have definitely over-used it but you balanced it just right. Well done.

3am

I've heard good things about your work so I decided to check this out. A little too "Cecil Taylor" for my tastes (I like David Hasselhoff, early Detroit trance) but nice try there guy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Damn kids and their pop music...:x although there's little question Hasselhoff's got talent... :lol:

Cheers buddy!
Image Image

Did some restructuring with an eye to reducing track length and brought it down by about 2 mins!

New radio friendly mix :wink: replaces the original.
Image Image

nice. it's got that dreamy hypnagogic polyslax feel ... like a slow motion band whose members are all too blissful to hurry or overstate. i'm not fond of the sound of an e-piano (reminds me of bad 70s music). i'd love something with an unusual timbre instead, perhaps a strangely compelling plucked string.

Something very "Another Green World" about this...and I mean that in the best possible way, as it's one of my favorite records. Makes me feel like I am standing on an alien shore at night, wondering what sort of critters are watching me. Tense.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Dang...if my kid fails his math test, it'll be your fault. He is supposed to be doing his math homework, but he went completely spaced out and goo-brained over this track playing :lol:
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Rachmiels description was excellent - hypnagogic (lovely word), I can kinda understand where he's coming from with the E-piano comment, but I personally love the sound & Polyslax tunes use the sound so well & it just kinda fits.
Another one for the de-stresser playlist.
Loving the strange voices (or is that just the JD & weed talking?).

Strangely hypnotizing. The minimalism would instantly put me off if it weren't for the overall atmosphere that his this gravity about it, that keeps on pulling me in. I can actually hear the melodic nature of this, and even see the pattern, as disconnected as it is. This is a compliment, actually - I am one to believe that as abstract as music can be, it still needs a stabilizing element that acts as the center.

The voice bit that comes on was a bit distracting. About mid way when the sexy synth bass (?) comes in, I get chills. It builds up on the atmosphere, without suddenly taking away from it. Very Massive Attack in nature.

I would have liked a couple of sprinkles here and there of bells, or some synth that occupies subtly the higher end of the frequency spectrum. I'm actually hearing something in my mind that is a bit more gated, that slowly fades in, builds up energy via amplitude for few seconds, and then suddenly vanishing leaving nothing but a trail of reverb or delay in its departure. All of this, of course, is simply a matter of artistic taste. But that's what I was hearing in my mind as I listened to this.

I thought this was enjoyable. Great job.

Nice

rachmiel wrote:nice. it's got that dreamy hypnagogic polyslax feel ... like a slow motion band whose members are all too blissful to hurry or overstate. i'm not fond of the sound of an e-piano (reminds me of bad 70s music). i'd love something with an unusual timbre instead, perhaps a strangely compelling plucked string.
Thanks Rick! Damn, and here I am laying the epiano tracks down all over the place! I'll have to see if I can cook up something special for you, sans Rhodes.
Scot Solida wrote:Something very "Another Green World" about this...and I mean that in the best possible way, as it's one of my favorite records. Makes me feel like I am standing on an alien shore at night, wondering what sort of critters are watching me. Tense.
Scot Solida wrote:Dang...if my kid fails his math test, it'll be your fault. He is supposed to be doing his math homework, but he went completely spaced out and goo-brained over this track playing :lol:
Hehehe, my master plan is unfolding... soon I will command all the children... and math homework will just have to wait! :lol:

Cheers Scot!
diverdee wrote:Rachmiels description was excellent - hypnagogic (lovely word), I can kinda understand where he's coming from with the E-piano comment, but I personally love the sound & Polyslax tunes use the sound so well & it just kinda fits.
Another one for the de-stresser playlist.
Loving the strange voices (or is that just the JD & weed talking?).
Thanks diverdee! Yeah, that's me on the ummm... vox(?)... :lol: ...effected to hell and back!
midnightman wrote:Strangely hypnotizing. The minimalism would instantly put me off if it weren't for the overall atmosphere that his this gravity about it, that keeps on pulling me in. I can actually hear the melodic nature of this, and even see the pattern, as disconnected as it is. This is a compliment, actually - I am one to believe that as abstract as music can be, it still needs a stabilizing element that acts as the center.

The voice bit that comes on was a bit distracting. About mid way when the sexy synth bass (?) comes in, I get chills. It builds up on the atmosphere, without suddenly taking away from it. Very Massive Attack in nature.

I would have liked a couple of sprinkles here and there of bells, or some synth that occupies subtly the higher end of the frequency spectrum. I'm actually hearing something in my mind that is a bit more gated, that slowly fades in, builds up energy via amplitude for few seconds, and then suddenly vanishing leaving nothing but a trail of reverb or delay in its departure. All of this, of course, is simply a matter of artistic taste. But that's what I was hearing in my mind as I listened to this.

I thought this was enjoyable. Great job.
Hey thanks midnightman, I appreciate the listen and suggestions! If I revisit this track, it won't be for a while as I've kind of hit the saturation point.
respirator wrote:Nice
Thanks for stopping by respirator!
Image Image

Winamp has been put in random mode again (Oskar is getting a little too adventurous on the computer lately), so this one has sat there in the playlist a while without being played. When it came on I stopped what I was doing and just sat back. What a beautiful song! This is really a sentence full of smart praise.
Rakkervoksen

Return to “Music Cafe”