"One Dream Day" - spoken word - WIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ken Smith wrote:For all those who knew him there will be special personal memories: but here in these writings there is the opportunity to share something he left for all of us. What he would most value from each of us is, again, our own personal response to his words.
http://www.clueless.uk.com/OneDreamDay.mp3

word: Nat Smith

spoken: me

This is hot. Very art-house 'poet' rock. Was almost waiting for some trashy dirt guitar to come "feedback droning" in toward the very end (or something big and noisy anyways), but overall this is filled with great textures and fine production. Enjoyed the listen and the words are powerful.
peace
Jazzyspoon

That was fecking awesome mate!
Image Image

Jazzyspoon wrote:Was almost waiting for some trashy dirt guitar to come "feedback droning" in toward the very end (or something big and noisy anyways)
that was my original intention, but I'm having trouble getting any clean signals...

I had Gainsbourg's "Meurtre à l'extincteur" and Can's "Uphill" at the back of my mind (i.e. in recollection, rather than conveniently to hand for reference) and a pretty amazing time-bending track by xoxos and a hip-hop friend years ago on a 4-track!(IIRC)

polyslax wrote:That was fecking awesome mate!
thankyou! quickest thing I've ever done, I think. I hope Nat would have got a kick out of it too.

Great mood piece here. Urgent and anxious. Cool sounds and expert discretion in their placement.
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Thanks Scot. 8)
Scot Solida wrote:Cool sounds and expert discretion in their placement.
the only thing on it apart from me and the drums is the CS-60, and although I knew exactly what I wanted to do before I started, it's a single track, recorded in a single first take, with much manipulating of sliders! Very kind of you to say that though.

But you still can't have the Yamaha CS-60 back. :hihi:
Last edited by clueless on Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clueless wrote:Thanks Scot. 8)

But you still can't have the Yamaha CS-60 back. :hihi:
I don't think I could bear the guilt of taking out of the hands of someone who can put it to such good use... :wink:

:lol:

or the shipping. :D

clueless wrote::lol:

or the shipping. :D
or the shipping. Exactly.

Return to “Music Cafe”