Sunlight - Slow heavy brooding pop (female vocals)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Kim Lajoie on Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Is it all done now, Kim?

It is finished. :)

-Kim.

Sweet, downloading now. :D

EDIT: are you working towards putting out an album, or just doin' your thang?

bduffy wrote:are you working towards putting out an album, or just doin' your thang?
I am developing an album, but not with these songs. This is just practice. :wink:

-Kim.

Cool...sounds better than practice, I say. I quite like this tune; hard to go wrong with your sister's voice, though!

The drums (especially the snare) sound beautiful, crisp and huge. The vocal has such depth and sits so well in the mix. The performace and the mix sound like labors of love.

3am

justin3am wrote:The drums (especially the snare) sound beautiful, crisp and huge. The vocal has such depth and sits so well in the mix.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

justin3am wrote:The performace and the mix sound like labors of love.
More like labours of trying desperately to save this dying beast. :hihi:

-Kim.

I just grabbed this, will come back for the production diary.

Always, always looking forward to a new song by you, Kim!

I really liked that song. and kool notes. its interesting to read the life of how a given song was done. and you hit the nail on the head, vary massive attack. but i dig it. although i will say i think the break down with the vox near the end could use just a bit more looping / and tap delay. (like a feauge where u here the one bit and the next starts looping a few beets later) like it makes me think of a scene in a movie with flash backs from some LCD test subject from the CIA. (ok so thats random... i was just watching MI5). anyways, nice work.
"I never worked a day in my Life I just let the BIG Beet Lead me" ~Jungle Brothers
http://greatmarylandliving.com/ my home search page.

You and your sister make a fantastic team. This is a great listen - your sister's vocals are incredible as always, and I love the effects, esp. the tasteful backwards drum hits and the craziness during the breakdown. Great singer, great producer - let me know when I can buy your album. :)

Love the song Kim - great work.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

I usually hate poppy stuff, but this song was amazing. :D
And the production diary was nice too; it's cool to see how a song takes it's shape.
Thanks Kim!

another one for the collection, thanks :wink:

Thanks for listening, guys. Glad you all enjoyed it. :)

VoodooDoctor wrote:although i will say i think the break down with the vox near the end could use just a bit more looping / and tap delay. (like a feauge where u here the one bit and the next starts looping a few beets later)
That's a pretty good idea. Where were you last week?! :lol:

-Kim.

Return to “Music Cafe”