Sunlight - Slow heavy brooding pop (female vocals)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bump... anyone else?

-Kim.

Wow I like this song! I like the Idea of a production diary too. I think I might start keeping one now as well. ;)

Thanks. :)

-Kim.

Definitely a fine job of sound engineering. However, I think the "beast" still suffers from the weaknesses you pointed out in your diary. Your production skills saved some, but I am not quite convinced. Of course, it is hard to evaluate, because I actually listened to the diary clips first, so I heard all the "weak" mixes too. Might have been different if I had listened to the final mix first.

That's an interesting point others have hinted at. Would your critical analysis of the piece be different if I hadn't published the diary? Would your enjoyment be different? It's an interesting issue.

-Kim.

The kick is subdued.. it needs to be a bit more kicky (and less terse.. it needs to be more rhythmic instead of sticky imo) :hihi:

the song as a whole is wicked.. the vocalist you used is fantastic.. the production and structure are beautiful. Make up an album of this stuff.. I'll take a copy.

I've played it about 3x now in a row.. blaring loud.. I love it. Probably my favorite song I've heard off of kvraudio in my 5+ years of being here.

Great production work, Kim. Her voice is solid and the music is well composed. Feels complete to me. Dark and beautifully broken while being full and heavenly. As always, gorgeous track. Will share it with close friends.
peace
jazzyspoon

Thanks guys. :love:
VitaminD wrote:The kick is subdued.. it needs to be a bit more kicky (and less terse.. it needs to be more rhythmic instead of sticky imo) :hihi:
Uh... What does that mean? :?

-Kim.

Return to “Music Cafe”