for all you biggie an hip-hop fans

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BIGGIE - SUICIDAL THOUGHTS REMIX

ok this is my first attempt at music production. im pretty pleased with the results but il let you be the judge. any constructive criticism is welcome.

http://www.ultimate-game-guides.net/music/suicidal.mp3

turn down the vocals a bit...master them so they mesh wit the beat...maybe set em to mono....sounds like theres some gaps in the loops as well...but this is sicc keep it up

Actually, I'd make the center vocals louder and add a 1/4beat pingpong delay and nice hall reverb in send (at like -30dB, subtle) to complement Biggy a bit more, especially the spreaded out vocal part in the middle.

Then I'd add some compression to the clap and some more EQ to the shaker (cause you barely hear it). Make all that louder compared to the kick and piano (that's fine), and you're good to go.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

cheers for the advice. what do you mean by gaps in the loops?

I don't really think it needs more processing, especially not compression -I quite like the slack sounding mix.
What I would do is try and squeeze some more sounds in there, it's very sparse as it is, but then again, it might be meant that way.
Who's the rapper?
I hope those lyrics don't reflect your current state of mind :shock: :D

Marco :)

Return to “Music Cafe”