Downtempo (first song and post)!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, guess I'm the new guy =P. I wanted to make my first post to show what I'm in to and what i do!

http://rapidshare.com/files/25680595/dt.mp3.html

By the way, the url didn't post properly so copy and paste =/

Yeah, yeah, free crappy hosting services. Anyways, I put this song together using free samples and the built in plugins for FL Studio 6. Sorry about the gap in the beginning, I meant to trim it off but never got around to doing it. Also, my mastering consisted of putting a compressor with the master1 preset on it (the final mix is quiet, but that was done after the compression, so turning it up is safe!). Besides the rushed mastering, lack of drum varation, and overall undevelopedness of the song, I still think it's worth showing for some opinions.

Anyways, if you do listen, thank you! I'd love to know what you all think of it!

EDIT: Fixed the link!
EDIT: No I didn't =/

Bit anxious to show of you're cool new moves eh? :P

Firstly, what i liked about it: you've chosen some great chilled out sounds that fit together well, and even tho it's way to quiet, the mix is pretty well balanced.

You're absolutely right, it's underdeveloped and and the drums need a lot of work. Someone who can get those sounds to gel so well can do better! I want to see a loud, variation filled, full sounding complete version... pull up your sleeves and get to it! :)

Hehe, thanks for the comments! This was mostly just a late night idea that I just *had* to finish before I went to bed, so I kind of rushed through it.

Thanks again =)

Return to “Music Cafe”