Form Without Substance - fun, energetic synth track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echo Voodoo presents
:arrow: Form Without Substance
(3:32, approx. 3.24MB 128kbps mp3)

This is a fun, energetic synth instrumental track I've been fooling around with for the past couple of days. Please feel free to leave comments and/or criticisms.

Used: FL Studio 7, PlastiCZ, Sytrus, FPC, Poizone, Fruity Parametric EQ2, Fruity Stereo Enhancer, Classic Master Limiter

Hm - very unconventional rhythm. The mixing/mastering isn't bad, but in terms of the actual tune, it's at least not what I would choose to listen to - in fact, it really gets on my nerves, so I'm going to have to turn it off. A bunch of these sounds are rather cool and interesting, though :)

Thanks for listening and commenting. Sorry it was 'irritating', but glad you enjoyed some of the sounds.

Yeah, hm. Approaching comedy here and there, but energetic indeed :D
Hints of Jarre in between...
Rakkervoksen

This reminds me of the stuff that would play in Disneyland over at the food court.
8)

Energetic? Not Hi-NRG,but surely lighthearted and synthpoppy. Irritating? Definitely not! [OK,maybe that high-pitched synth melody after 1:58 can get on your nerves quickly]
It has an odd,childish feel to it,especially that formant synth 'singing' a strange Sesame Street/Teletubbies kind of song ("A,B,C" or something along those lines) :)
Mixing is not that bad,but the drums are [aaaah,not again!] those default low-quality drum samples that come with FL Studio :D
I also find that high-pitched synth a bit too loud.

Anyway,a remix of this track would prove very interesting.

Could you post the .flp file for a 'mangling session'? :D
Since it mostly uses the standard generators included in FL,it could be a nice way of doing a collab remix project.
Just do a remix,post your modified FLP file and let others do the rest.

Return to “Music Cafe”