soundcombing

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

an un-characteristically un-tortured song (except for the grating scream of exquisite pain in the middle):

www.rachmiel.org/kvr/soundcombing.mp3

enjoy. :-)

any reaktor user care to guess what ensemble i used to make this? :-)

Some real ethnic and organic flavours going on here, those stringy sounds after the scream that sound like a chamber music insert, wonderful plucks and buzzes. Oh man, this is one of my faves for sure... really enjoyed that!
Image Image

thanks poly!

my guess would be "StockHausen in my System4.ens" or that freebie they gave away for Christmas one year. The first part of it sounds intentional on some level; the second clearly not at least in terms of relationships that one can digest in one pass.

yes: metaphysical function. :-)

Do I win a random prize?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Keep on keeping on man. There are always more buttons to push and humans are just filters anyway. I'd rather be an editor with a room full of scrapes on tape than a cowbell player any day.

vERY COOl, Rach. I love that machine. nice use of it, too. you really never know quite what you're going to get in the end. As always, very skilled texture work.

Awsome sounds man, it takes a very special talent to get the sound you use to fit as cohesively as you do. More brain food for me!

3am

excellent electronic-tension, and killer sound !!
wow ! it's f**king great !!!!!!
another great Rachmiel's piece in my hard-disk !!!!

Whoa.
Improbably clear sounds make up a soundscape that sounds mangled and distorted even though it mostly isn't. I like. Talent, yes. I still don't have Reaktor, but you're one of the people who keep reminding me I should save up...
Rakkervoksen

> I love that machine

yes, it's pretty amazing. i have the ensemble, along with the standalone version, so i can modify it, which is very fun. one thing i often do is decrease the reverb, which is pretty over the top in many cases. i like working with little reverb or even dry ... learned this from a friend who is one of the lowercase guys. for me, except in situations where it feels called for (as an effect, rather than just a way to emulate a spacious room), strong and long reverb can detract (a lot) from the integrity and power of a piece, make it sound too easy and gooey.

> nice use of it, too

thanks. :-)

> it takes a very special talent to get the sound you use to fit as cohesively as you do

that's a very nice thing for you to say. i love finding/creating unusual and compelling sounds and then figuring out how to mix them and what form to give the mix. i believe that pretty much everything in a composition can emerge from its essential materials. so every groove loop contains the "code" for the piece it will inhabit. the trick is to develop good enough ears to perceive and decipher the code.

> excellent electronic-tension, and killer sound !!

thanks. :-)

> a soundscape that sounds mangled and distorted even though it mostly isn't

good observation. i love mixing order and chaos. one of my favorite sounds is of an orderly audible structure (4/4 groove, for example) each of whose parts threatens to (and sometimes does, for a span of time) break out of orbit.

Return to “Music Cafe”