blortblort - the gardens

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the gardens

where I'd rather be.

2 source files:
1.me blowing thru a gift wrap tube (scares cats...)
2.birds in the front yard.

threw it in Ableton Live and stirred vigorously.
"instrumentation" ...applied... to the source files by elevatya's ChoirBoy and Ohmies Ohmygod.
wicked wicked fun fun.

hope ya like it... it's not metal...maybe next week ;)

nice peaceful stuff
could use some sort subtle low frequency hit with a long decay ever so often to keep the changes defined
but nice none the less
Show us how, you're not afraid to die.

what sort of feild recording device do you use?

Thanks for listening, NUMBER!
yeah... I probably ought to add that you shouldn't listen to this one while driving. you'll get very sleepy.
as for recording device:edirol r-09
as long as ya don't use the "AGC" for anything but recording speeches or lectures and you use 24bit res, it's probably one of the best things going for the price and size. Man- I was really tired of dragging out bulky extra gear. Even the integrated condenser mics are quite nice IMO.
(I was a very good boy last year: was my b'day present from my wife :wink: )

perhaps I should try this being good thing, as all I have at the moment to work with is an olympus lecture recorder (which in all honesty can be useful if you're creative enough)

Rain, rain, rain means no work for bobsled today which means a little extra time to haunt KVR and download some groovy blortblort music.

Fantastic tune, sir, evocative and well developed. Quite unique instrumentation, it works.

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday, Susie! :party:

@NUMBER- it's a lot of work (being good) but it can pay off ;)... plus, I've never gotten rid of my trusty Panasonic RN-108 (circa 1986) It's the BEST for recording straight off the television :hihi:

@bobsled- thought you might appreciate this 'un! ... was sort of a interweb thingy b'day present to my sister in OZ!
glad ya got a break from work =) I'm on lunch just now- have to go back to the salt mines soon

wow, what a cool soundscape. this reminds me of Syria for some reason. life, dunno why.

Oooh, prince of persia-ish intro....lets hear where this goes, mmmm...I'd like some percussion to come in after a minute or so, maybe? :) The soundscape sounds good tho. grts

@sloworm- ya! does have have a wee bit mideastern feel, but ya go with what it feels like...and you hear what I heard in me noggin while it was coming thru me ;)
@jonas- sans drums this time. Rare it is that I do a piece without either drums or lazysnake (or even more rare in this case...NEITHER), but it does happen. just a droney kind of presence thing.

Thank you both very much for listening and dropping a line ta let me know! I'm quite guilty of not commenting on others work enough... and even more guilty of not listening to enough :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”