New Release-'Witches Brew'

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Well this is the first song done towards a project I am doing with Dre, dunno the name or anything of the project. Anyway, this is a new style I am doing etc. Let me know your comments and thoughts, love ya!

Witches Brew

Thanks,

Tim

Pretty cool sounding, it's not the sort of thing I'd usually listen to, but this one is good enough to listen to the whole thing. Interesting lyrics and the 'fx sounds' are unusual :)

asharin wrote:Pretty cool sounding, it's not the sort of thing I'd usually listen to, but this one is good enough to listen to the whole thing. Interesting lyrics and the 'fx sounds' are unusual :)
awesome, thank you for your comments and time :)

I'm not into those vocal stylings at all Tim, but I think the music in the track is really good!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:I'm not into those vocal stylings at all Tim, but I think the music in the track is really good!
Thanks for your time, what about the vocal stylings are you not keen on? :)

sloworm wrote:
polyslax wrote:I'm not into those vocal stylings at all Tim, but I think the music in the track is really good!
Thanks for your time, what about the vocal stylings are you not keen on? :)
Sorry, didn't mean it was poorly done, just not something I listen to.
Image Image

Love the tune bro! The music is fresh, everything works incredibly well for the most part. Your vocal reminds me big time of some artists back in New Zealand from a handful of years back, there were a few great names over there doing a similar thing.

Nice one :)

jackson wrote:Love the tune bro! The music is fresh, everything works incredibly well for the most part. Your vocal reminds me big time of some artists back in New Zealand from a handful of years back, there were a few great names over there doing a similar thing.

Nice one :)
Thanks, New Zealand eh...hhmmmmmmm :)

Polyslax: point taken :)

lil bump

:D

see if i can squeeze any more listens/comments :) :)

Vocals are great. It's the distorted/filtered strings that I have question about. They seem a little too over the top for me. In some parts they seem a little to filtered and I can't follow them as much as I'd like to. Maybe that's the sound you were going for but I would roll that back a little so they don't detract too much from those great vox.
Very different from many things I've heard recently and that's good. Very refreshing. 8)
How did you get that string sound? Just curious. :)
Nicely done.......
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

I really like the music a lot. Its refreshingly unique for this flavor of "pop". I almost wish you would let the music breathe a little, as it feels like the song is filled from beginning to end with vocals. It seems kind of rushed through vocally, but thats probably necessary for the genres you are brushing up against in this track. However, the lyrics are clever enough and catchy to keep this from being too syruppy sweet.
Really liked it. Nice production and recording. The very end lets the music breathe a little, but I am in agreement with danielmm that the strings seem awkwardly warm in the mix and seem to choke it slightly. Hope this was the kind of feedback you were looking for. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the listen, I really appreciate it :)

DanielM, Jazzyspoon: I made the string sound from some one hits and some recorded arpegiations(horrible spelling), layered with a pad so very much put towards the back to gel the one hits and arp's together. It was made in a Combinator in Reason 3.04.

Yea about the strings, to me strings are so tricky musical/mixing wise. There is so much you can do with them, and the way they are mixed can affect the whole mood of a song. the way they are now kinda is a happy medium, see i tried opening them up and they kinda buried everything else, but when i filtered them a bit, they actually seemed to add a bit of eerieness that i liked. it seemed like a good fit at the time, but like anything with mixing, some things can always be tweaked :)

Thanks again for the listens and comments :) :)

Return to “Music Cafe”