Deutsch and French ! Haunting poem : Im Nebel

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sehr schön :)

Daniel

Sounds great!

Klemperer wrote:I have a veeery old vinyl where Hermann Hesse reads his poem

gimme gimme gimme! :-D

Strange coincidence that I'm just today working on a song based on 'Stufen'... :shock:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I like it very much. Why?
It's a texture of voices: spoken text and just chanting and everything is connected to each other... like watercolors meandering on a wet paper. This counteracts the dark lyrics. The music is beautiful...and i like the austrian dialect.
Great atmospheric art!

ml
"It dreamed itself along"

like watercolors meandering on a wet paper
I like these words.
In french language, it's an "aquarelle".

Daniel

Klemperer writes :
Yours sounds like you are from Austria .
I'm not from Austria, I'm french.
Friends of mine have read your post and have said to me that german people don't like the austrian people "language". Right ?
I don't know if it's true, but I think your post seems prove my friends are right.
But on this topic, Mellotronaut says :
and i like the austrian dialect.
So, Klemperer, are you "honest" ? Does your opinion is affected by a prejudice against a specific pronunciation ?

Be sure that my post is friendly.

Daniel

Well, to be honest, the austrian accent has a hillbilly (or rural at the least) sound to germans...
But as far as your poem is concerned, it is done so well in all aspects that the austrian accent doesn't really matter.

daniel- wrote:Klemperer writes :
Yours sounds like you are from Austria .
I'm not from Austria, I'm french.
Friends of mine have read your post and have said to me that german people don't like the austrian people "language". Right ?
I don't know if it's true, but I think your post seems prove my friends are right.
But on this topic, Mellotronaut says :
and i like the austrian dialect.
So, Klemperer, are you "honest" ? Does your opinion is affected by a prejudice against a specific pronunciation ?

Be sure that my post is friendly.

Daniel
Hi, thanks for pm-ing me, I maybe would have missed this. No, I have quite a few friends from Austria, and can assure you I like this dialect too. It is just my way - and in this case not a very good way - to listen to music and write INSTANTLY. So it sounds for you like I had something against Austria (which would not only be ridiculous but, well, would mean being an idiot). I have written what I thought about the song, and this is nothing more than my single humble personal opinion about it. I am glad others listen to it in a quite different way.
The strange sounding remark about "Austria" was meant that way: I heard the poem in the dialect (clearly to be heard, let's see if I can find a french word....(googling...) no - :lol: - I just get the german translation - going to catch a dictionary--- SOUABE!!! There you go. Hesse spoke in a language - a bit - that people speak in around his era, Calw, Germany, or thereabouts. And I just remarked - I am really sad I seem to have said it in a wrong manner and it might sound like I was a dschörman patriot - that your friend read it in austrian language. It was just like I always do, I listen and the brain spits out and I write it down.

So I find the song like I said, and I had the poem in mind in the 2 versions, yours and Hesse's. Both with dialect. (I event thought when writing how philosopher Derrida always bashed dialect, and I really dislike this bashing, but I thought comments like this don't have much to do with your song :) ).

2 more remarks :) : I don't have an own website, and additionally not the big wish to expose my own songs much. But I am SURE you would not really like many of the songs or songparts I make. But is this a problem? I don't think so.

I sometimes - really not often, and it might have nothing to do with you again - see that people show their works, poems, songs, paintings - to the public, and if someone writes down simply what he or she thinks about, it sometimes leads to a slightly funny over-sensitiveness on the artist's site. But why do we show songs, paintings to strangers on the net, and not just to our friends whose taste we sometimes know? To hear what they think, is it?

Hesse himself was maybe a wiser man like people who write they didn't like a special work of art. He said he would NOT write about it then. He would only praise.

But if you read Hesse's whole works , you'll find that he indeed DID criticise, and really much :hihi: .

But at least he didn't blabla in ways that could be understood in a wrong manner.

Okay? The rest I'll answer to your pm :D .

Jens - I have a veeeery old tape somewhere, I hope I find it...it was on some double-vinyl from about 1975 or so, lying around in my Pirmasens Stadtbücherei when I was at school, man great things, for example Heimito von Doderer reads some of his "Kürzestgeschichten", or Ingeborg Bachmann, or even old recordings of Nazis like Gottfried Benn (okay okay, not another discussion maybe :D ). If I find it - Hesse is load and clear in my ears, but you wouldn't want me to speak it to you in his manner :hihi: , and I can't really talk Schwäbisch... I send it to you!

OK, Klemperer, thank's very much for you reply.
It was very interesting to read you.
I like criticisms because I think criticisms are ways to improve songs.
But it's very difficult to improve when I've not really understood the criticism ("this man says to me something, but what ?").
I'd understood that you didn't like my "cover", but it's very important for me to isolate the dusts of a criticism.
First dust : klemperer doesn't like the "austrian dialect".
No ? OK.
So, he doesn't like my cover. It's all.

Thank's again.

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

Georg (Schorsch) is a very nice guy, but he always has sooo many things in his head.....Tscheeesussss! :-o :hihi:
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:Georg (Schorsch) is a very nice guy, but he always has sooo many things in his head.....Tscheeesussss! :-o :hihi:
That seems to be just like Mello says.

so...[...] :hihi: . cheers all.
Last edited by Klemperer on Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel- wrote: Friends of mine have read your post and have said to me that german people don't like the austrian people "language". Right ?
For me it depends - I think your piece is really wonderful, but it has got one ugly stain - guess which one that is... - I've listened to it with a friend of mine yesterday and when your Austrian friend spoke 'Leben is Einsamkeit' (which isn't true to the original poem b.t.w. as Klemperer already pointed out) she said 'no wonder you're alone...' and I completed the sentence with 'with a voice like this.' :hihi:

I once had an affaire with a lady from Vienna and I loved here accent - since then my hormons start raging whenever I hear ladies from some parts of Austria speak. But to be brutally honest your friend just sounds ugly ugly ugly to me.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Klemperer wrote: Hesse is load and clear in my ears, but you wouldn't want me to speak it to you in his manner :hihi: , and I can't really talk Schwäbisch... I send it to you!
Er, did you forget, or did I never tell you where I was born? :D

I think your piece is really wonderful
Thanks... :)
your friend just sounds ugly
Sorry. :(

... But I love the sound of his voice. I don't speak german language, and for me his voice is like an sweet instrument. I was very happy to make this piece with this girl.:love: (no confusion, it's not my girlfriend ! :D )

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

Return to “Music Cafe”