Polarized_SDZH Track ¬ Now with Direct Link

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello ladies and Gentlemen.
It's been a while since I finished at track - had to take a bit of a break and even considered stopping music - but I broke out of that spell and have completed a track :D
Your thoughts are most welcome.
It's at the following link on 7161.com

http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/ ... 798070.mp3

also available for the occasional stream at http://www.myspace.com/sdzh

It's called POLARIZED and is about 4mins long. It combines some gritty breaks, a bit of melody and the odd gurgle or two. 88 bpm and made with Acid Pro, Reaktor, Zebra and Atmosphere
Last edited by Ian SDZH on Sat May 12, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

great beats, nice simple melody. Love that breathy synth patch on the melody.

Only criticism is that the highs sound a bit odd, maybe just compression/encoding.

Thanks for listening Cypher.
Please to hear that the beats sound good, as I worked hard on that.

Anyone else for a listen?

:)

downl9oading. back later 8)
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Hey Ian. That is my favourite track of yours ever. Great mood and flow - both foreboding and sexy :tu:
I agree with cypher about the breathy patchand enjoyed the simple 5-tones patterns amongst the busy (and cool as ever) rhythm track. Great work.
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Somehow reminds me of everything I like about FSOL and none of the parts I don't like.
As with everything I've ever heard of yours (which, sadly, isn't everything as I occasionally forget that the name Ian SDZH = awesome music lol) it's a genre I wouldn't ordinarily listen to and yet in your hands becomes resusitated into something engaging and imaginative. Thanks for the great new track :)

Excellent drum sounds. I can deffinitely hear Zebra and Atmosphere but non of the characteristics usually associated with Acid. Very nice little groove, I can hear where Runagate is getting the FSOL vibe (Quagmire era). I'll have to check out the rest of your stuff when I'm not at work.

3am

Thats some down and dirty super slick drum werk, Ian. Gets even smarter at the 1:40 mark. Peacefully edgy track thats often thoughtful and melancholy, as well. Thanks for sharing.
peace
Jazzyspoon

it would be awesome as a score track... like to the parts in those CSI shows where it shows them using various technology and gadgets to figure crap out. Could use a bit more complexity to the melody or maybe a fresh "solo" part with a lead or maybe a female vocal whispering something crazy in a underlying layer of the synth mix. I dunno. Good stuff nonetheless. Keep it up.
to know a good synth is to smell the toasted components from years of abuse.

Guys, many thanks for taking the time to listen and post some feedback - it's much appreciated :D
Ian

Bump in re-payment for the first 30 times I've listened to this song.

Soundes like a break away from music did a whole load of good. TBH, I'm in much the same boat. For various reasons, making music is really on a back burner for me and when I do give it a go, nothing usually happens. If I can get back into music and make stuff as good as that, I'll be happy.

Yeah, the drums are good - not too intrusive, but for me the real attention grabber is the way you very subtly play around with the riff. There's not an awful lot of key change etc going on, but the way you subtly move around within the patterns is great, and I love the way you run with those synth patches and especially the use of FX. That is really really good use of FX. Well done. It flicks in and out of reverbed flanging (I think) and other FX, but it doesn't hit you in the face. It's all very very organic. I'm so pleased some people still make atmospheric and brooding acidy stuff. Back in the day, I would have been off my tree in a club to exactly that kind of music, but it was all too difficult to find. Some acidy stuff can be too regimented and dare I say Germanic...but yours ebbs and flows very well. It's right up my street. :tu:

Foreboding. I think that's the word for it. Foreboding in a dark and musty forest. Very nice. I like it. Do some more. :D

That track might possibly give me some inspiration to just play what I know I like instead of what I think I should be playing.

Thanks. :)

Hey kritikon, hope you can bust out of the rut. While I was taking the break, I was itching to have a go at making something, but felt it better to rest for a while.
I definitely got the bug to write again now.
Many thanks for taking the time to listen and it's good to see that my music doesn't go totally ignored :D

Ian

cant hear it, need a direct DL link for the library :(

Kriminal wrote:cant hear it, need a direct DL link for the library :(
Ummm, will this work http://213.129.73.14/members/my_tracks/ ... 798070.mp3 ??

:)

Return to “Music Cafe”