Have You Ever Seen Stevie Wonder Play the DRUMS?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have You Ever Seen Stevie Wonder Play the DRUMS?

nope, but neither has he...

sorry.

go ahead and apologize after soiling your pants during the video.
stevie forgives you :lol:

holy crap that was awesome!

his drum playing throughout the seventies (plays all his albums) manages to sound a touch flaky at times. I guess playing slow lounge ballads is a much different skill set to awesome break rolling like in that video.

the white girls in the front row didn't quite know how to clap! :tu:

Stewie wonder plays a lot of instruments. He was on a tv show at age 7 i believe playing different instruments. That's where his name comes from. He was Little Stewie Wonder. His real name is Steveland Hardaway Morris.

On the song Superstitious he plays everything execpt bass. I saw a video on the making of Superstitious.
It was simply mindblowing. He started with the clav part and then overdubbed drums! I told a friend this and was like: No way. That's impossible. You simply don't do it in that order. You always record the drums first. But he's Stewie Wonder.

jupiter8 wrote:Stewie wonder plays a lot of instruments. He was on a tv show at age 7 i believe playing different instruments. That's where his name comes from. He was Little Stewie Wonder. His real name is Steveland Hardaway Morris.

On the song Superstitious he plays everything execpt bass. I saw a video on the making of Superstitious.
It was simply mindblowing. He started with the clav part and then overdubbed drums! I told a friend this and was like: No way. That's impossible. You simply don't do it in that order. You always record the drums first. But he's Stewie Wonder.
oh man if you could post that video i would love to see it!

Bugger me, that's intense! :love:

stale bread wrote:
jupiter8 wrote:Stewie wonder plays a lot of instruments. He was on a tv show at age 7 i believe playing different instruments. That's where his name comes from. He was Little Stewie Wonder. His real name is Steveland Hardaway Morris.

Tried to but could'nt find it. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... p=r&page=2
This guy has put up the entire "The making of The songs in the key of life". Maybe it's in there somewhere. But i don't even know if it is on that record. Not a big Stevie Wonder fan. 8)

Wooww ! he's a natural...

impressive ! :tu:

Holy shitfuck...what a dude! :hail: His drumming was never like that on records; like Prince, he tends to hold back as a drummer, I guess.

And breakbeaters, start you samplers....now! :lol:

stale bread wrote:

It's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVpekfzeMg&NR=1

I quote: "After we did the keyboards, I then put a drum track down."

I saw that...isn't that from VH-1's classic albums?

EDIT: never mind, I see it is. :D

Man, what a talented cat.

:tu:
ModuLR / Radio

I liked it. The guy is a bad ass. What can I ya say?

Return to “Music Cafe”