More or less the same - but different

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I short while ago I posted a couple of my tracks along with a 'hello'. I'm a bit miffed that nobody has commented :cry:

But mummy says I'm a big boy now so that's OK I guess.

Trouble is I don't know which is the reason:

1) They were so amazingly good you were all stunned into silence (I wish) :o

2) They were so excrutiatingly bad you were all embarrassed into silence (har-de-har) :oops:

3) This is the wrong place (ladies underwear is three doors down on the left) ;)

4) Like wetting yourself in the dark - I had a warm feeling posting but nobody noticed :?

Anyway here is something else you might like to wrap your ears round:

http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Ghost_Train.ogg
http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Ghost_Train.mp3

Incidentally, I get the impression that it's OK to put up stuff that not (shall we say) *completely* new. This one is a re-polished version of something I composed quite a long time ago, although I've only been posting my work for about 6 months.

Hi Foderol
This track sounds rather good, I don't particularly like your choice of sounds but they works well together, and the result is nice. I like the mood built up by the rhythm (recalling train movement) and the spectral atmosphere of the pad sounds.
Well done

Cheers

folderol wrote:1) They were so amazingly good you were all stunned into silence (I wish) :o

2) They were so excrutiatingly bad you were all embarrassed into silence (har-de-har) :oops:

3) This is the wrong place (ladies underwear is three doors down on the left) ;)

4) Like wetting yourself in the dark - I had a warm feeling posting but nobody noticed :?
5) You didn't notice, because I'm not a rampant self-publicist, and was too polite to bump the thread again and again.

alternative to 3:

"3) I didn't stick it through Glitch, transfer it to MiniDisc, transfer the MiniDisc to my tumble-dryer, record the results, then time-stretch them by 1000%. I'm so pop!"

In my case, I'm just pushed for time, but your pile of tracks is on my "must-get-round-to" list! :D

mmmm, Joe Meek lives

You've recreated that 50/60s instrumental thing and given it a VST update.
Nice tune...not sure if the reverb is a little overdone.
I know it's meant to be there in abundance but maybe a touch too much on everything?

:shrug:

Laguna Rising wrote:Hi Foderol
This track sounds rather good, I don't particularly like your choice of sounds but they works well together, and the result is nice. I like the mood built up by the rhythm (recalling train movement) and the spectral atmosphere of the pad sounds.
Well done

Cheers
Thanks. Glad you like it overall.

oddbods finger wrote:mmmm, Joe Meek lives

You've recreated that 50/60s instrumental thing and given it a VST update.
Nice tune...not sure if the reverb is a little overdone.
I know it's meant to be there in abundance but maybe a touch too much on everything?

:shrug:
So that's where I fit in eh :) Never could work out what genre to class my work as!

It's interesting that you mention the reverb. I've had a couple of similar comments but then again I've had others to the contrary. Personally I sort of agree with you.

However...
(you were waiting for that weren't you?) the main voices are all produced by a Yamaha SY35 in 'multi' mode, and like this all effects are applied overall. I've tried to split out the parts and use different synths, but I either have to start over with totally new voices, or try to imitate the SY35 :help:

To a degree I'm in an 'if it aint broke don't fix it' frame of mind :?

clueless wrote:
In my case, I'm just pushed for time, but your pile of tracks is on my "must-get-round-to" list! :D
Heheh. Like the additions :)

'fraid I'm also totally out of round tuits so can't help you there :lol:

folderol wrote: Like wetting yourself in the dark - I had a warm feeling posting but nobody noticed :?
:lol:

Aptly named. Like the in-motion-feeling.

Thanks a bunch. Glad you like it :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”