Psychedelic Fuzz gutiar.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm lookin' to check out the most Psychedelic Fuzz gutiar songs in rock history. Does anyone have some suggestions as to where to start? Could even be new stuff too. Also, are there any plugins that could help me create a sort of a wall of metallic fuzz noize guitar sound??

Well, there's all of Hendrix' stuff, and Robin Trower.

I was just listening to Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky" last night on the radio and thinking that had to be the quintessential fuzz tone tune.

Cool, I'll have to check Greenbaum out. Thanks!!

Check the cover of "Fur Elise" on this page: http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/09/j ... urf_v.html

That's some of the finest fuzz guitar in all its crappy glory IMHO... :wink:
And you might want to check out Davie Allan and the Arrows... he's supposed to be the undisputed "king of fuzz" but I've never really gotten in him... other than that, bands like the Seeds, Music Machine and even the Ventures epitomize 60's fuzz-guitar rock more than Hendrix could ever hope to... as influential as he was, Jimi's just really never been my cup of tea...

It's close but I'm looking for song with lots of long sustained notes. I dunno, it's hard to describe. Cool e-station by the way. Thanx

older "Jesus and the mary chain" and "Sonic Youth" did some very creative stuff with big sustained fuzz but you have to look for it...

I'll have to check into it. Thanks!!

Return to “Music Cafe”