[ runagate ] informal nonlinnearities in keigel exercizes

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Someone recently said my, hehe shall we say "provacative," entry in the music cafe contest had a "naive melody like some Autechre" (it for some reason irritates me that someone's onto my tricks I dunno why it's not like they're all that tricky) & I know rachMiel likes the Autechre but I get enough music out of polyslax each month that I haven't gotten into stealing music off the intraweb yet. Maybe there's some obscure Trane or Idiot Flesh out there for me but alas, this is how I entertain myself in lieu of contact with popular culture:

runagate - Cicle of Muck

Best when taken with 2CB and biofeedback glasses.

Do not listen to this.

[edit]
In fact, listen to rachMiel's better-mastered version: http://www.rachmiel.org/runagate-CicleOfMuck-v2.mp3
Last edited by runagate on Sun May 13, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

like it. you're onto something new(ish) with these last few pieces, a good direction.

one thing to consider about a lot of your mixes: they are bass-heavy, treble-weak ... which makes for a moody, but somewhat blurry/flat sound. here's an image of the spectrum of your mix:

www.rachmiel.org/1.gif

and of my treble-boosting v2:

www.rachmiel.org/2.gif

here's the v2 with some compression:

www.rachmiel.org/runagate-CicleOfMuck-v2.mp3

for me, the v2 sounds more immediate and urgent.

just a thought ... :-)

Cool, thanks rick. I'm using someone else's insanely crappy discman headphones at the moment so til I get real cans again everything I make will be of throwaway quality. I'm not even bothering to master stuff anymore since basically what I'm trying to do is demonstrate techniques and stimulate ideas. 4 1/2 people will like any given song I make so I may as well concentrate on foisting strange inventions on others instead of wasting time polishing a turd :)

Gotta get the self-referential pshychedellic noise out before I have to concentrate full time on the pop music for a while. As you know I'm not so good at de-weirding my idion.

I go listen to remix now 8) I appreciate it.

Picturing someone doing keigel exercizes to this is both disturbing and amusing. Nice sonic soup. Stirring stirring stirring. sweet.

heyhey, that smelled good.

cool piece...like it! :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”