room

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a crackly spooky groove with melody

www.rachmiel.org/kvr/room.mp3

enjoy. :-)

Wow, major sound here. Chilling. I might even hear a little drumangling. Great texture works, too.
Rachmiel,
I'm sure someone has asked this before, but have you ever thought of making a sixty minute smoothly mixed cd of your stuff? (you probably have enough work to make a tall stack of them) I listen to your snipets of genius here at KVR and on your website and think how interesting and beautiful these tracks would be to hear in succession with others. Maybe even with a back and forth fashion between 2 tracks and/or overlaying parts in a sort of collage fashion. Just food for thought. You seem to me to be an artist that will be appreciated taken as a whole as much as bit by bit. But i eat up every last little bite you feed me here. Your stuff is amazing. And I learn a lot as an artist from it.
peace
jazzy

p.s. My friend Paul (and yours mutually) would surely agree with this statement, as well.

a groove that is very moreish for the ears...the crackly bit is almost like in time raindrops...quite hypnotic

cool

Delicious! Very nice atmospherics.
Image Image

great piece! i really like this dark-industrial texture ; nice crunchy rhytm too!...

> Wow, major sound here. Chilling. I might even hear a little drumangling. Great texture works, too.

thanks for taking the time to comment. :-)

> Rachmiel,

> I'm sure someone has asked this before, but have you ever thought of making a sixty minute smoothly mixed cd of your stuff? (you probably have enough work to make a tall stack of them) I listen to your snipets of genius here at KVR and on your website and think how interesting and beautiful these tracks would be to hear in succession with others. Maybe even with a back and forth fashion between 2 tracks and/or overlaying parts in a sort of collage fashion. Just food for thought. You seem to me to be an artist that will be appreciated taken as a whole as much as bit by bit. But i eat up every last little bite you feed me here. Your stuff is amazing. And I learn a lot as an artist from it

thanks jazzy! your positive feedback means a lot to me. 12-16 of my idm-ish pieces are going to be released soon on an obscure russian label. as far as my more abstract compositions go (the splinters, for example) ... you're right, i definitely have enough for at least an album or two. i will think about doing what you suggest.

> a groove that is very moreish for the ears

thanks. :-)

thanks, poly. i'm curious ... does a piece like this feel like a foreground PIECE to you, or like an atmospheric background that might be set to film?

thanks jack. always good to hear from you. :-)

I disregard everything that attempts to sound only in the background.
If that's where it wants to be, that's where I leave it. I'm a full-immersal participant or not.
If you're aiming for background ambience you've missed by more than just the white and red around the bull's-eye, rachmiel.

I swear I hear DtBlkFx VST in there; I find it quite improbable that you could make anything sound the way I make DtBlkFx sound as I'm pretty sure not even it's maker has played with it as much as I.
Damned Reaktion geniuses I'll get you someday.

Strangely, despite the fact that there's some profoundly eerie sounds happening the emotional tenor of this strikes me as somehow formal, like a ritual for the opening of some big-assed doors in Karnak or maybe the time before the chieftain is carried in to the party in Java.

runagate, always a pleasure ... thanks. :-)

Excellent work, makes me excited for the prospect of a Rachmiel album. The song ends a little abruptly though. The sounds are marvelous as always.

3am

rachmiel wrote:thanks, poly. i'm curious ... does a piece like this feel like a foreground PIECE to you, or like an atmospheric background that might be set to film?
Well... both, really, but I think many foreground pieces can succeed as background pieces... not necessarily the reverse. In other words, I think this track stands up well to the scrutiny of the engaged listener, but it also has the ability to convey mood and emotion at the brain stem level.

I'm also of the opinion that every piece of art has a personal relationship with every person it touches. I don't do much passive listening, perhaps mostly because of my personal interest and participation in this field, so my personal experience with this track as with most music is very much in the foreground. Someone for whom music making is a non-issue may be quite content to listen to this while oxidized sabres disarticulate limbs in exquisitely slow motion on the big screen.
Image Image

very nice. great suspense and feeling in this one. speaks to me very much like a filmic piece.

thanks justin. :-)

> The song ends a little abruptly though

i agree. i'll work on this in round two.

Return to “Music Cafe”