Relax Max !!!... .. .

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two days ago I felt blocked. :roll: No inspiration coming in ! :help: It lasted only one painful hour and then a voice started whispering in my ear... :D

Here's the linky-thing : http://maxebelga.kara-moon.com/music/Ma ... Freely.mp3

Lay back and enjoy,

RelaxMax... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Wow! Congrats to this wonderful track...weird and straight Max...your best and best mixed song yet...i'm totally impressed (and Karin as well)!
:tu: :love: :hug:

mellolovesmax
"It dreamed itself along"

First impressions...typing as I listen...

Nice vocal! First entry of piano seems a bit dark (1:30) but it seems to brighten later...seems to be a velocity thing...wasn't sure at first but I like it! I like the very subtle filter changes on the bassy ostinato as well.

The percussion is very nicely understated...just enough to keep the whole tack moving forward. Nice cymbal swells..well-timed.

This is kind of minimalist but it never lingers in one spot too long. Listener focus is never really taxed. You have all kinds of things working here but never stray too far from the overall idea. You work your way back to the A' section effortlessly.

Max, this is just DA BOMB for me, man. This is getting burned to a CD for the trip to work.

EDIT: I have to also add that this is a master class in thematic development. For all those people who say they have trouble developing something beyond a 4 and 8 bar loop, THIS is the tune listen to over and over.
Last edited by mmichalski59 on Tue May 22, 2007 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's very beautiful. I'm stunned -- absolutely fabulous arrangement. :hyper:

I think Max was a writer/composer/producer/musician/artist in another life that has now come back! ;)

My wife is here at my shoulder listening. When she stops talking to me about her shopping and stares at the monitor speakers ignoring me, I know she likes the song...

Thanks for making my day a little more pleasant Marco -- and hats off to Mrs Marco ;)

Bravo :hug:

xander wrote:It's very beautiful. I'm stunned -- absolutely fabulous arrangement. :hyper:

I think Max was a writer/composer/producer/musician/artist in another life that has now come back! ;)

My wife is here at my shoulder listening. When she stops talking to me about her shopping and stares at the monitor speakers ignoring me, I know she likes the song...

Thanks for making my day a little more pleasant Marco -- and hats off to Mrs Marco ;)

What's this, Dad, you got remarried? I'm confused.

Max, who is the lady singer?

I would like to add my congratulations on a terrific piece of work. A fantastic and epic piece of production!

One word........ Fantastic!
Nice work Max really epic piece of music. I really enjoyed listening to this :)

Oh, this is really good stuff!
If there was any criticism it'd be that there's probably a bit much going on, I found myself wishing for a tad longer passages. But that might indeed only be me.
Enjoyed it!
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

I'm afraid this just doesn't work for me. It is very cleverly done, and the individual sections are very good, but it doesn't gel as a whole.I find it disjointed and the sections seem to compete rather than compliment.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Nice and roomy yet not overbearing.. The segment with vocal sounds like it has a different atmosphere. Like it! To go from no inspiration to that is pretty impressive..

L

Enjoyed it to the max ... Max. Very nice vocals, great mix and, as a whole, a stunning idea :tu:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

rockstar_not wrote:
xander wrote:It's very beautiful. I'm stunned -- absolutely fabulous arrangement. :hyper:

What's this, Dad, you got remarried? I'm confused.
Oopsie... :oops:

Well, you know -- I call all my girlfriends "wives" son. Might as well -- it's virtually the same deal either way... :lol:

Way to go, max. let me jump on the band wagon and say "wow". Very rich composition. Great musical and production depth. Sweet and complex, like Belgian chocolate.

WOW ! :help: Thank you... :oops: This is a bit frightening... :help: but at the same time stimulating, 'cose you're all people I admire and respect very much. :P

And a special tx to folderol, who didn't like it and explained why. 8) These comments, much more than applauses, help one to make better and better stuff. :wink:

rockstar_not, most of the time I have that same question... :roll: Believe me, it's better to keep things that way... :hihi: Joking... :lol:
Mostly I use any recording/sample/loop I like and then just mould it to fit in the song, by cutting, pasting, pitching, whatever...
In fact nothing more or less than what I would do with a real singer; avoiding at the same time a jaleous wife... :wink:

Cheers,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Return to “Music Cafe”