rain day

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

StringZ
StringZ2
rough slices percussion (poorly)
sP3D samples of steam and thunderstorm
BONGOS
approaches music at times but I think I hate the mix
(still getting used to the new me)
rain tango
2nd version!!! Rain Tango Danse

Hey krakli guy... you might not like "teh muzac" but StringZ2 is like a major ++10... THANKS (and yet it's free, woot hooot!!!!!) fabulous presets even
Last edited by deaf dunderkwac on Wed May 23, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
for entertaining porpoises only

Hehe - I liked this.
It strenghens my resolve to ALWAYS hit record.
Rakkervoksen

So I'm guessing you [spongebob]really, really, real-ly[/spongebob] likes your Zoom?

I thought it looked to be an excellent value for sampling most anything.

I'm currently thinking of adapting/attaching some (very) old Sony lav mics to my rotating roof-mount antenna (HOLY BAT-WINGS!!) I should then be able to sample my location, wherever that is.

Cheers, tormod

deaf dunderkwac wrote: (still getting used to the new me)
:hihi:

Waitin' rain mood... and then [1'18"]... crack the sky !
Excellent sonic origami

Cheers

I agree that the mix is shite, but I love the composition a great deal.
You are one strange cookie. That break around 1:40 is so badass.
:) I give you kittenish mewls

mobile studio madness. Do you drive while making this? Every part of this song seems to want to kick the other parts ass, but they pair up towards the end.
thanks for sharing, its raining here now...

Laguna Rising wrote:
deaf dunderkwac wrote: (still getting used to the new me)
:hihi:

Waitin' rain mood... and then [1'18"]... crack the sky !
Excellent sonic origami

Cheers
Hi LR
Thanks for listening.
I'm short of energy today so there was none of that rebuilding porches and stuff so I composed instead!
did I mention I really like the new version of StringZ2 and only used presets from it?

Later,
Bill

runagate wrote:I agree that the mix is shite, but I love the composition a great deal.
You are one strange cookie. That break around 1:40 is so badass.
:) I give you kittenish mewls
So I did a version 2 but still am not comfortable with the goings on... but it's gotten closer to the madness (which I KNOW I keep in check by composing... so I'm better off(saner... no. not. rlly.) just doing it no matter the output.

I do think this piece is a cumulative effort from my recent experiments in crap-o-la weirdness (last several months, anyways)
and as usual Thanks!! for taking the time to listen and comment.

Jazzyspoon wrote:mobile studio madness. Do you drive while making this? Every part of this song seems to want to kick the other parts ass, but they pair up towards the end.
thanks for sharing, its raining here now...
now that would be 'teh thing'... driving AND composing (actually I do that but "in my head")
guess I gotta wait for the brain implant thingies before I could actually do it!!!

and I'm glad you noticed the conflicting parts, as thats been my focus for awhile... trying to get confliction into harmony.
sometimes I succeed, other times not, but try I must.

deaf dunderkwac wrote:did I mention I really like the new version of StringZ2 and only used presets from it?
Oh, I'm really fond of the 1st version....
I should try out this new one

Cheers

deaf dunderkwac wrote:Hey krakli guy... you might not like "teh muzac"
I might :P
deaf dunderkwac wrote: StringZ2 is like a major ++10...
Whoy, tahank yow
deaf dunderkwac wrote: fabulous presets even
I re-extend my thanks to TC and Himalaya

[EDIT]btw I love the string scrapey sound at 2:51, which preset was that?[/EDIT]

ianweb123 wrote:
deaf dunderkwac wrote:Hey krakli guy... you might not like "teh muzac"
I might :P
deaf dunderkwac wrote: StringZ2 is like a major ++10...
Whoy, tahank yow
deaf dunderkwac wrote: fabulous presets even
I re-extend my thanks to TC and Himalaya

[EDIT]btw I love the string scrapey sound at 2:51, which preset was that?[/EDIT]
Were both of these people drunk when they posted???

:love: :oops:

Bumpage

Laguna Rising wrote:
deaf dunderkwac wrote:did I mention I really like the new version of StringZ2 and only used presets from it?
Oh, I'm really fond of the 1st version....
I should try out this new one

Cheers
StringZ2 is a major improvement over the control of intonation and the overall sound is so close to 'real' as played by a vurtuoso!!!. Of course I still love to use StringZ, as I've created lots of my own 'presets' for it..
ianweb123 wrote:[EDIT]btw I love the string scrapey sound at 2:51, which preset was that?[/EDIT]
From StringZ (v1). One of mine, I'm afraid...

I think (i KNOW) my problem requires a subwoofer. As I can't really fit the 18" in my new abode (+ I gave away the 15's) I guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy something smaller that will fit my domicile.
Got a perfect space for a 10" under the bed next to the water tank. (he gets out his measurement tape and ponders)
runagate wrote:Were both of these people drunk when they posted???
I certainly was...
on the finest (cheapest) of Canadian scotch whiskey...

Hi Bill,
you proof it: StringZ is one of the best and StringZ 2 is the best freeware synth. Your presets are great and the music is sooo evocative!
I was a bit disappointed about your contest-entry compared to the stuff i know from you, but this shows again your wonderful skills. Next to Max' new song the best, i've heard during the last months.

Thanks for sharing it!

Chris
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:.. and StringZ 2 is the best freeware synth...
I heard that !

Return to “Music Cafe”