3am shows Runagate some remix love - No Way No How (3am mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I decided to stray from my typical style for this one so it took a little longer than usual. Don't look for any kind of melody... just rhythmic wackyness and strange modulation.

No Way No How (3am remix)

This is just Runagate's original audio triggered from Ableton's Sampler and modified by Pluggo and Ohm Force plugins. All of which are being sequenced and modulated by Numerology.

Enjoy!
3am

That is effin awesome! Brilliant work imo... you 2 must be so proud of your love child! :)
Image Image

Oh, I forgot to bump this. I don't even know if Runagate has seen this thing yet. Ha!
...or maybe it's so terrible, he doesn't even want to address it's existence- oh... Hopefully laptops are built to withstand all the tears I cry into to this thing.
Just kidding, I know how lame it can be for an HD to go out.
Face to face human interaction is just way to painful for anyone to go without a computer. Plus, my computer is the only thing that keeps me from going through my wife's underware drawer, putting each pair all the way in my mouth one by one and trying to take shots of hydrogen peroxide. For this reason specifically we have invested in three computers.
That reminds me I only have two more computers to cry into.

3am

It's not creepy- we're married.

I'm pretty excited to listen to this but my laptop went blotto last friday and I'm seriously freaking out!

I literally have no recollection whatsoever of posting a song called No Way No How! Weird weird weird. I purchased mary jane for only the fourth time in my life today to survive a poety reading one of my little people invited me to and then she slept through it and now I am bored so I especially wish I could listen to it, then compose more.

Are you absolutely sure I made the song you remixed? I tend to name myprojects incredibly random things before renaming them to post here, things like Elk Helmet and Understory of Razorbacks just to know the next day wtf I'm working on and that doesn't seem like something I'd name a provisional project or a completed song. Then again it'd be hard to mistake one of my songs for something made by a person with taste...

Can you tell I need something to do for once?

I have a friend who made 7 remixes of my songs with his Garage Band (LOL!) just a newbie starting out and then his personal composition I called "unenjoyable in total for the first 7 minutes, is this some newbie with a sequencer's attempt to make a world music version of Enya" before I realized it was his. :) Then again I would have said the same had I known - I don't censor irl. But given that you, justin, make music I love in a genre I don't normally listen to nor even know what to call I daresay it'll be great 8)

Who's the "we" that invested in three PCs, G?

OK so I installed Audacity and Asio4all on this PC then hooked my earbud phones into the back audio out and listened! OMFG I'm laughing so hard this absolutely rocks!

Wtf is Numerology? Is it a Reaktor ensemble?

I hear lovely spectral manipulations... that part right before 1:20 is a chakra-spanker for sure! I'll be back tomorrow (place is closing) to grab it onto my 26$ 1 Gb mp3 player :)

Thanks, this is even better than I had imagined, 3am.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :party: :hug: :band2:

Check it out. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

And to answer you question, I don't do anything without my wife. When I say "we invested in three computers", though I was the one who paid for them, symbolically it was a joint effort. Just like though she is usually playing world of warcrap, symbolically she is 50% responsible for every track I've produced. Ha Ha Ha.

I played WoW while exiled from computerdom.
I met your wife and gave her the Fairy Hammer of That Blue Site Smashing To Renew Marriage Good Feelings.

Oh, Numerology is a midi sequencer for OSX. It shows up as hardware midi inputs and outputs in Live (or any other Daw) for that matter. Check it out here. http://www.five12.com/ This program is not god 'cause god is just a word. This program (for me) is what the word god embodies for the billions of people that believe that the word has meaning. Yeah... that good. Oh yeah, no offense to the christian's... I know your intentions are good.

3am

I thought this was such a good track... just loaded with endorphin-releasing rhythmic events and satisfying sonic textures...
Image Image

bump for the 3am brain-beatdown

Thanks guys, this is the kind of affirmation I need daily to keep from doing something drastic... Like finishing a mix I'm actually getting paid for.

Justin, you are pretty amazing. I try, but can't hang with your production skill. This is sick. Wicked sick. I sometimes relate great skill level of a electronic musician with "I have no f'ing clue how they do this" and I really have f'ing clue how you do this.
great work.

peace
Jazzy

Bump since I'm on KVR today and this is what I'm interested in lieu of music-making atm - this track is going into my mp3 player somehow, even if I have to grab a college kids's laptop and put it on at gunpoint

I still listen to this every day, and now I just linked it on my homepage and linked up my remix of your song. :) So a bump is in order, no?

Return to “Music Cafe”