Piece i'm currently working on for film.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a piece I'm doing for a student film. It's an orchestral piece. So far I have strings, cymbals, bass drums, and timpanis in it. This is the main "motif" of the theme, and I'm kinda hoping I'll come up with something for a horn section, and maybe a few changes (break it down and have string stabs on every quarter note, something to that effect) in the strings to give it flavor, but the main idea is there. The strings may sound a bit weak in this, they need redone and layered with more strings. :EDIT: I also added a thunder sound at the end, I had to replace another file but that thunder will be taken out and added with a higher quality sound when I get one! I've been working on this for about a day and a half now though, and I like where it is going.

Let me know what you think of it so far though!

www.overtonesound.net/BatThemeFinalSketch.mp3
Last edited by No name on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Am I to assume that no replies means no one likes it? lol
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

'kinell mate give us a chance to actually listen to it!
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I'll check it out later :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Do I just simply transfer it onto the server and then type in my domain and then the name of the file (example being something like:kvr.com/nameofsong.mp3)? I've only had my domain for about a week and a half now so it's all foreign to me still.
yes, this is good , makes it easier to listen

Ok, it's now uploaded to server so check it out in my original post.

yeah, im likin it..
right now it sounds more like music off of a role playing game. but i think when you get some stronger sounds in there and maybe some horns like you mentioned, this will really be kick ass..

nice work
[Insert Signature Here]

Downloading..

musikmachine wrote:Downloading..
And did it leave some sort of impression? :-D

No name wrote:
musikmachine wrote:Downloading..
And did it leave some sort of impression? :-D
Sorry No name! :oops: i'm listening now :D

this sounds great no name....very epic sounding...it conjures up an army heading towards battle to me - theres a feeling of impending doom.

I can hear a solo over the whole thing - maybe an instrument in the higher register playing a little melody would make the piece more distinctive (kinda like the Godfather type theme)

i would recommend " Phillip Glass " who does this kinda thing very well.

But great stuff and look forward to the finished piece.

(whats the film about ? )
That's all I wanted to do as a kid. Play a guitar properly and jump around. But too many people got in the way. - Syd Barrett

Very nice orchestral piece!I like the timing,the feel and the arrangement.I'd like to see the film when it's finished,otherwise you'll have to tell the story :hihi:

I'd like to hear more of the percussion though,the snare sounds faint.I think it would make the piece more majestik(assuming thats the feel your going for).I know little about writing orchestral music,let alone for media so for all i know it's perfect :lol:

As a piece on it's own i think it's very good,i'd like to hear it in context when it's finished if poss :)

Peace.

Actually the snare rolls are off my Korg, and they aren't very good. They are weak, and I'm thinking of buying some orch percussion off of Sonivox.

As for putting in other instruments, I have yet to put in brass so that should help fill it out. That and I'm still tryna hunt down a good concert bass drum too.

Thanks a lot for the input guys, I appreciate it!

I've lately been interested in film-score music myself, so this one caught my interest.

I agree with baillee in regards to it sounding very much like a role-playing game score.

It's an epic sounding motif you've created with those stacatto strings, but the orchestral percussions are way too minimal (save for that cool sub-bass boom @ 1:15). They oughta come way up in the track.

Otherwise, it's a cool track. Keep us posted as this one evolves into its final form.

Good luck with the project. Sounds like a fun undertaking.

Cheers.

Return to “Music Cafe”