June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mh, so let's start another identity - it's free :)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

first one in! :hyper:

:D
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/
Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)

Psy-T wrote:first one in! :hyper:

:D
Wow,
you're very fast!!

Did I read this correct:
3 - All material EXCEPT past KVR contest entries will be accepted
This would mean it hasn't be composed for this month but could be an older masterpiece? :shock:
I'm not sure if that was intended..?
Symphony Nr.1

thomekk wrote:I'm not sure if that was intended..?
I think it was. The theme is so inspiring... I think I may join this one more time....

a working linky would be fine, my lovely Psy-ttt. :wink:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Zombie Queen wrote:I think I may join this one more time....
Please do, I liked your last monthy a lot :wink:
Symphony Nr.1

The link has been sorted, 'fraid a naughty space snuck into the filename and caused frustration a plenty. I fixed it now :oops:

This month I thought I would review 'em as they appeared.

Psy-T - Effin Cry

ACiiiD!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO FREAKING MUCH!!!

I am an acid bath baby, so you have instantly got my #1 vote this month, unless something else comes along and shits all over you...

Love the kick pattern, I'm going to stea... "sample" that. Is it a Family Guy quote? If it is you'll be unbeatable. Love the choice of sounds, like that snappy clap. I might "sample" that too. The horn sounds in the middle are cool too. Good filter use and echoed vox as well. Could've made that 303-sound squeal a little more though (ie: tweaking the distortion up while its at max cut, res & env.mod).

Like I said, I'll definitely vote my ass off for this one.

(Check my leftern-most linky for some acid)

Psy-T wrote:The link has been sorted, 'fraid a naughty space snuck into the filename and caused frustration a plenty. I fixed it now :oops:
Thanksy :)
"It dreamed itself along"

napalmbob wrote:This month I thought I would review 'em as they appeared.

Psy-T - Effin Cry

ACiiiD!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO FREAKING MUCH!!!

I am an acid bath baby, so you have instantly got my #1 vote this month, unless something else comes along and shits all over you...

Love the kick pattern, I'm going to stea... "sample" that. Is it a Family Guy quote? If it is you'll be unbeatable. Love the choice of sounds, like that snappy clap. I might "sample" that too. The horn sounds in the middle are cool too. Good filter use and echoed vox as well. Could've made that 303-sound squeal a little more though (ie: tweaking the distortion up while its at max cut, res & env.mod).

Like I said, I'll definitely vote my ass off for this one.

(Check my leftern-most linky for some acid)
No - Thank you for the compliments :oops:

Acid is my musical fetish too, I couldn't even resist adding a 303-esque bass to my quasi-classical composition last month, even when I knew full well an acoustic bass would both work better and be more likable. It's true what they say - Everyone needs a 303. :D

The reason the 303 isn't as distorted as it could be is because it should avoid the role I usually give it (lead) to let all the dynamics fight it out on more equal grounds.

And yes, that is indeed samples from Family guy. The song originated from a debate between me and a friend of mine about what the lyrics in the theme song "...Lucky there's a man who positively can do all the things that make us, laugh and cry...", We were squabbling over that bolded part, so I decided to sample the theme and give it a close listen while it was looping, As it was going along, I noticed its innate funkiness, Shooed my friend away, and completed the full track (not the short mix which was done today). ;)

napalmbob wrote:I am an acid bath baby, so you have instantly got my #1 vote this month, unless something else comes along and shits all over you...
Shit...contest over. Scoops, what is the theme for July...I need to get to work.

:hihi:

Psy-T wrote:The reason the 303 isn't as distorted as it could be is because it should avoid the role I usually give it (lead) to let all the dynamics fight it out on more equal grounds.
...Yeah, fair enough.

Have you heard anything from the Eternal Traxx series from 1994? Friggen fast, euphoric acid house. I got it for 2 Aussie dollars at a pawn shop. W00T!

napalmbob wrote:Have you heard anything from the Eternal Traxx series from 1994? Friggen fast, euphoric acid house. I got it for 2 Aussie dollars at a pawn shop. W00T!
I buy vinyls rather than CD's, but I just had a look at the tracklist to a few in the series, and yeah, definitely know and like a lot of those. :)

Psy-T wrote:The link has been sorted, 'fraid a naughty space snuck into the filename and caused frustration a plenty. I fixed it now :oops:
this merits a ban immediately, surely :hihi:

:uhuhuh: :evil: :scared: :cry: :hail:

Return to “Music Cafe”