June Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks for the high vote slartibartfast! :D
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/
Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)

runagate wrote:3. - Liqih
i don't recall seeing a submission from liqih this month :?:

that's right, there is no liqih entry
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

thanks oddbod :)

My last minute voting was based on minimal listening as I just got back today from 2+ weeks holiday in Italy, so apologies to this month's 'slow burners' but my choices were based on immediate impact due to the circumstances.

Psy-T wrote:thanks oddbod :)
no probs... I liked the beat, a real catchy dance-floor number and the use of samples was cool.

oddbods, you must have missed out on the Techon Controversy back probably 10 pages ago. Have a look.

-Scott

... and I thought the man said tachyon :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Aziraphal wrote:
xander wrote: I just got hip to that site a couple of months ago and it blew my mind :hihi:
LOL that site's hilarious, but the best part of it is email collection from visitors who think it's for real :D
It's mind-bogglingly funny yet really sad in a pathetic sort of way. The first article I read on that site was the one about the Wicca hunting and thought it was serious for the first few lines, then I spit coffee all over my monitor when I realised what they're up to. :lol:

But I feel the need to say this: I have a lot of friends here that are religious. I have absolute respect for anyone's beliefs if they are committed and faithful to the mores they profess. If someone lives and breathes their faith with a passion, then the result can be some incredibly inspired creativity - I don't need to list examples.

Plainly, I can say with sincerety that I am way too ignorant to know what's what about anything regarding a God or Gods or the cosmos or whatever, but I am passionate -- my inspiration comes from my love of the common human bingle, who I believe is largely f**ked up, hurt, sad, lonely and terribly confused and in need of as much help as can be mustered (as well as a damn good hiding and a bit of stern discipline once in a while). :shrug:

--------

Although I cannot vote this month due to the big commie thing happening with the 10-year celebration of the Hong Kong handover, I MUST list a couple of my favourites this month:

Barnadine: Fookin brilliant and original. This song tickles the shite outta me in many ways and I can't stop listening to it. :tu:

Scotty's "TRAM" :tu: I wish you'd do that to some of my lyrics brother! :love:

Everyone else -- BIG kudos and I am diggin the diversity! :hyper:

Cheers,
Alex 8)

No liqih? hmm f**k that download tool f**ker.

That was a sober post.

I'll put an [edit] in cuz I sure know my 11th choice.

Then, if that's not ok according to our dark lord Scoops, he can decide whatever's appropriate.
:)

Speaking of controversies...Sascha thanks so much for your #1 vote. I just took it for granted (silly American) that everyone new this was a cover - and I did mention somewhere in this forum that it's a Burt Bacharach tune - I hope this isn't a terrible dissapointment to you (especially after all my whining about Techon). :oops:

I'm thinking about how much we learn just in the voting process. To do it right, we really have to consider what makes a song good, analyze everybody's songwriting, arrangements, sound selection, production techniques, etc. Then, consciously or not, we can incorporate some of what we've learned in our own stuff. All in all, we're getting a pretty good education for free.

Thanks to nikp2000, petrudamsa, beanpole, ixox, folderol, Laura and her Dad, Knockman, Aziraphal, and core for the votes, and to everyone for the music.

sevenoctaves wrote:Speaking of controversies...Sascha thanks so much for your #1 vote. I just took it for granted (silly American) that everyone new this was a cover - and I did mention somewhere in this forum that it's a Burt Bacharach tune - I hope this isn't a terrible dissapointment to you (especially after all my whining about Techon). :oops:
To be honest, I thought it was your tune IN A Bacharach-Style!! :uhuhuh:
Maybe I could not read well enough, or you did not state it clear enough :roll:
Anyways the arrangement is funny still and it's well sung as well..
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

rockstar_not wrote:oddbods, you must have missed out on the Techon Controversy back probably 10 pages ago. Have a look.

-Scott
thanks Scott,
Yes I did miss it.
I certainly wouldn't have voted for it had I known.
I guess there's no changing now though!

I thought the production was rather pro sounding!
And I probably liked it so much because I have Telepopmusik's first album (a nice blend of electro/pop/hip hop). Although this tune must feature on a later album.

Sorry for S HUSH, you were 11th on my list.

thomekk wrote:To be honest, I thought it was your tune IN A Bacharach-Style!! :uhuhuh:
+1 :oops:

Thanks to Runagate, Sascha Franck for the votes and appreciation and Thomekk fo HM :D

I look forward for the comments on the new theme coming out later :hyper:

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”