never posted my music here before

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Releases
The Viirus - Sorry for the Delay [out now]
listen to the entire album here

The Viirus - Untitled LP [late 2007]

Remixes
dopplereffekt-strlztn(theviirusmix).mp3
mroizo-justaknife(theviirusmix).mp3
qlazzarus-goodbyehorses(theviirusversion).mp3
Last edited by theviirus on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi.

These sound quite interesting and well produced, but the genre really isn't for me.

Let me be the first to welcome you here anyway :)

Thank you. I am a mere human in the musical company of machines who need me as much as I might think I need them.

What type of music is it?
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

*your* music?
Eins zwei drei vier funf sechs sieben acht

musikmachine wrote:What type of music is it?
Very 'electro' in a retro sort of way (with all the lo-fi, old-school drum machines, and gated reverb).

It is pretty cool stuff though. And it sounds pretty well produced. I really quite like the first track.

Cheers.

dirty oscillators wrote:*your* music?
You damn straight! :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

advaya wrote: It is pretty cool stuff though. And it sounds pretty well produced. I really quite like the first track.
yeah Dopplereffekt is (was) one of most creative, innovative, influential, inspiring, etc., electo/techno acts ever.

musikmachine wrote:
dirty oscillators wrote:*your* music?
You damn straight! :hihi:

as my mother would say, "oy vey!" :roll:

i really can't see how you can say "never posted my music here before" to infer that you are posting your own music when you actually posted something that sounds to me like just an edit you made of someone else's music (Dopplereffekt). to me, a remix is putting your own signature on someone else's work and being able to really change the overall feel and i don't feel you did that.
Last edited by dirty oscillators on Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirty oscillators wrote:i really can't see how you can say "never posted my music here before" to infer that you are posting your music when you actually posted an edit you made of someone else's music. i can't even see anyone calling your "remix" of the Dopplereffekt track a remix when in fact it's not. you just took their track and chopped it up a bit, put a few edits in, and added a few effects. that's not a remix.
Ouch... I wasn't aware of this.

Seriously not cool, if that be the case.

Getting rid of the main chorus from Goodbye Horses was definitely an improvement over the original. Although I miss that bell noise from the original.

And I don't know about the first song but Goodbye Horses sounds like it was totally made over again....?

dirty oscillators wrote:i really can't see how you can say "never posted my music here before" to infer that you are posting your own music when you actually posted something that sounds to me like just an edit you made of someone else's music (Dopplereffekt). to me, a remix is putting your own signature on someone else's work and being able to really change the overall feel and i don't feel you did that.
you are absolutely right.
part of my post got chopped out.
my mistake.

here is a link to listen to my entire first album.
http://theviirus.com/discog/ev01.html
head post is edited too.

edit: the mr oizo track is unusably short...so i made it longer and ordered it a little better to sound as if it was a halfway thought out track. same with the dopplereffekt track. sterilization one and two combined are not even half of the length of my edit. i wanted it to sound less boring and a little longer so i made the edit.

you can say my signature is turning a couple bits and pieces into a "song" which lasts longer than a minute or two. i think both of the originals are painfully short while lacking progression. my goal when remixing is to make a modification which might help a listener hear a track or song for the first time...once again.

the "goodbye horses" track was completly remade.

again, sorry for the confusion. they are what they are and i am not making money off of them. they are labours of love with modifications so i can use them in dj sets.

Return to “Music Cafe”