Chernobyl Map I (Vector)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice introspective -- letting us in on the creative process Sean ;)

Takes me traveling :tu:

Cheers,
Alex 8)

whyterabbyt wrote: They were initially the result of a certain amount of image processing in Photoshop, trying to 'bring out' different visual relationships. In this, when these 'vectors' appeared, I used then 'quantized' them into a half-dozen discrete colours and drew them in on a new layer by hand. That final layer was the score. At least one of the other scores has arbitrary choices, based on an impression of the underlying land usage (field, forest, hills et.c.)

ah now i understand :) (at least i think i do)

either way as shamann says tis a great track. nice interweaving of the different tones, bleak yet somehow beautiful.
look forward to the series in full.
will they just be chernobyl vectors for now(for the study i mean) or will there be other places involved?

vurt wrote: either way as shamann says tis a great track. nice interweaving of the different tones, bleak yet somehow beautiful.
look forward to the series in full.
Much appreciated...
will they just be chernobyl vectors for now(for the study i mean) or will there be other places involved?
All of this set will be from maps of chernobyl, yeah.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Perhaps when the project is complete, will there be a public unveiling of the maps used and the instructions on how to read them?

Hmmm... I'm worried. I found myself nodding my head in time with it at around 5:40 having not even realised how rhythmic it had become; it almost gained 'form' for a moment. Love the slow progress into the harsher territories.
Anger is a sublimated desire for control.

Very interesting databending, Quothy One.

I imagine this going well with ether.

shamann wrote:Perhaps when the project is complete, will there be a public unveiling of the maps used and the instructions on how to read them?
seems reasonable; they're going in my MSc dissertation anyways might as well make them more public.

Madrayken wrote:Hmmm... I'm worried. I found myself nodding my head in time with it at around 5:40 having not even realised how rhythmic it had become; it almost gained 'form' for a moment. Love the slow progress into the harsher territories.
Thanks muchly...
Runagate wrote:Very interesting databending, Quothy One.

I imagine this going well with ether.
Merci. I think.

whyterabbyt wrote:Merci. I think.
You think? :cry:

What, you no like the ether monkey?

runagate wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Merci. I think.
You think? :cry:

What, you no like the ether monkey?

Looks like that ether monkey has been drinking my Dark Island, the little bleeder.

I liked it. haven't heard anything like that in quite some time. I liked the simplicity, overall. It comes across well, dystopian, but elegant.

Closest I've done would be when I was on a album ages ago playing brushed snare whilst a guy did a kind of 'concrete' thing with samples of badly tuned radio, and a lady played electric violin over the top. It was very over the top actually..

It does put me in mind of that old gag:
Why shouldn't you wear Russian underpants?

Chernobyl Fallout.

First thing I'm listening to on my freshly connected cable modem (finally)..

This is excellent! More!

:party:
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

shamann wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:(* who seems to be listening to absolutely everything posted at the cafe; good on yer sir)
I did that once, not easy to do for a long period of time. Cheers to Jazzyspoon.
I remember such a time :)

Captivating piece you've created!
NTNS'ed for sure

so many things to say about this, Sean,

soundwise at start it has the beautiful enchainting atmosphere of the Tarkovski film "Stalker"

then though like at about 4:30 produce a "scaring fence" effect, like something electrified at high voltage,

the elvolution of the composition is "polution",
and basically is a mono dimensional drone with radioactive halo effects, this fits nicely with me to the Cherobyl obsession,

good work!

Thanks for the most recent bout of comments...

Funnily enough, Liqih, the computer game 'Stalker', is probably what put me in mind of Chernobyl in the first place, and both the film, and Roadside Picnic, the original novel, are both favourites of mine. If i could ever produce something even a tenth as hauntingly wonderful as Tarksovsiy's film, I'd be a happy man indeed. Merci.

Return to “Music Cafe”