Darkenergy/Finalmix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is Darkenergys Third and final mix after trying to learn at the same time. Am now moving on to new grounds very tired of lisening to this over and over, I think learning mixing on this song ruined the creativity for it.

But anyways check it out, let me know what you think. Thanks

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageart ... dID=556120
logic 7.1

Kinda hard to judge the mix since the encoding is terrible. Is it 128 kbps? I listened to the hi-quality stream and there's a lot of crap in the high end. Nevertheless there's tons of nice parts in that song. And certainly many of us here know the pain of listening to something 1000 times! I like it, lots of nice angry chiptune squiggles.

Hey thanks,yep its 128kbps. I think people will enjoy my new stuff more cause now I can focus on the song and arrangement instead of mixing so much.
logic 7.1

What are you composing or mixing in?

If it's FLStudio (which I doubt) I'd be more than happy to send you an .flp project of freeware mixing VST settings. It gets easier, don't worry. Course, you get more obsessive as you go, too.

Nice track scatterrat! Lots of nifty noises in here. The only comment I would have on the mix is that the hard-hitting parts could use more punch... could be the encoding in part though.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

[quote="runagate"]What are you composing or mixing in?

Im using logic 7, and am starting to learn the tricks of the trade. In fact this is my first bounce ever where I left 6 db headroom bounced the 24bit multi track to my desktop then imported that file back into another session in logic as a single stereo track then cranked up the level with some vintage warmer then bounced it to 16 bit. Before that method I was just bouncing the multi track straight to 16 bit with all the mastering effects on the master bus and I could not figure out for the life of me why might bounces didnt sound the same as when i was listening in logic. I bounced like 30 different variations of mixes with different limiter settings and thought that thats just the ways it is, I need mixing and mastering engineers to get that polished sound.
I dont belive that anymore thanks to these wonderfull forums!

I think I will be able to fix the punch problem in the future, in this song all percussive sounds had an 1176 on the same bus, so if I do some routing and such I think I can fix it.

Thanks for the kind words and I also love to hear so critisim as well!
logic 7.1

[quote= Course, you get more obsessive as you go, too.[/quote]

Im very obsessed already beleive me, it will only get worse. 8)[quote]
Last edited by scatterrat on Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
logic 7.1

scatterrat wrote:
Course, you get more obsessive as you go, too.[/quote wrote:

Im very obsessed already beleive me, it will only get worse. 8)
logic 7.1

Unusual stuff, the beat is very original, kind of weird atmosphere, I enjoyed it

Cheers

wow, cool stuff, Scatterrat. Great sounding synths and offtime drums. Nice atmospheres in the beginning and breaks. Very creative music. Sounds like you tore this apart and put it back together bit by bit. Nice werk.
thanks for sharing

Thanks guys, I feel like I'm starting to get some where!

It turns out I was mixing alot better than I thought and the problems were coming from how I was bouncing the original versions.
logic 7.1

IT all seems so overwhelming and technical at first, then later the sticking point is being able to overcome your ingrained habits when the old tricks aren't doing the job. It's easy to lose sight of how it once was before you thought you knew what you were doing.

Keep it up - I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Excellent composition, I do agree with the points about the dynamics also you could use to widen the stereo field somewhat but the sounds are inspiring and original. Thanks for sharing.

3am

Return to “Music Cafe”