posting some dnace trax

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not tarnce, but these are a few unfinished tracks that I would consider kinda dnace-ish that i wanted to post to see what stuck on the wall. inside joke for Runagate and his super dnace jazzercize madNess, but may apply to more.
Please enjoy or decimate, feedback is welcome though.
Happy Saturday Night.
Peace
Jazzyspoon

BRUSH HEAD - Jazzyspoon
10.4mb 256 kbps 5:39
ABSTRACT THOUGHT - Jazzyspoon
10.5mb 256 kbps 5:43
THE DEEPER STILL - Jazzyspoon
11.1 mb 256 kbps 6:02

edit: I drank too much wine and should be carried away. Sorry for posting so much Sat nite Mushite.

I loved the intro to Brush Head. If more dance music sounded like this, I would be dancing more. The definition in the percussion is really amazing, not at all over compressed, as is common for music these days. The transition at the beginning of deeper still is also very nice. The only problem with dropping this kind of stuff on the dance floor is people will have to stop dancing to pick their jaws up off the ground.

3am

Thanks, J. These were really in response to Runagate saying I was a "dance music" folk (which he promptly took back a sentence later). I wanted to show him i'm not very good at that style at all with a :wink:.
Wish I could do the level of complexity you are able to create in your work on my own tracks (and maybe I will one day), but these are my best contributions to the 'headbobbing' category. Probably not as effective for a true dancefloor though.
Glad you liked em though.
Last edited by Jazzyspoon on Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice stuff here Jazzy! I hadn't heard Abstract Thought before, I really like that one. That weird squelchy synth sound is great.

Brush Head & The Deeper Still are two I've always liked, especially Deeper... I enjoy the heavier drum sounds in that one.

I know I've mentioned your drums before, but these are all excellent examples of your awesome drum/percussion work. Lots of detail & great sounds too.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

checking brush head: o hell ya!!! i like it. i dunno why either...i just do. i like this, kinda reminds me of royksopp breeded with french trance producers.

big thanks, guys. Though I believe these tracks are plagued with a certain amount of mixing (eq) issues. Hence, not finished. Do they sound bass heavy to you? Muddy even? I have to hit the road again for a week or so now, so i don't have time to make some of the adjustments i think they need right now. But thanks for rumbling through my short pile of half arsed tracks here. Very appreciated.
peace
Jazzyspoon
Last edited by Jazzyspoon on Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i'll not have a chance to listen until later (im @ work), but where are you located in Denver?

me? capitol hill.

hampden and santa fe area

Return to “Music Cafe”