boyaant

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am enjoying your newest passions with percussion lately. I am a drumaphile and this is the style of yours which really appeals to that. Smart programming, Rachmiel. Diggin the feedbacky hellish bellish thang.
Look mom: DRUMS!
peace
jazzyspoon

Jazzyspoon wrote:Diggin the feedbacky hellish bellish thang
it's curious how you achieve this kind of atmosphere just using percussive sounds
well, this is an instructive lesson, and a enjotable track

Cheers

> newest passions with percussion

yes. all these years i've been shunning the grid, and now that i'm embracing it it's opening up whole new worlds of expression and joy.

> curious how you achieve this kind of atmosphere just using percussive sounds

hah! very pleased you heard this. i was about to add one of my screeching cloud melodies, but i challenged myself and said: see if you can derive everything, even foreground 'melody', from the percussion loops. it's harder ... more of a task for the ear/imagination.

I'm impressed in various ways that I don't have time to comment upon at this time.
:hug:

The challenge of going against your own conventional wisdom is always the most rewarding. The sounds are, as always, suprising and original and the mix has such a wide stereo field. It's not suprising how crisp and clean this mix is considering how crisp and clean your others (with much more difficult to mix sounds) have been. Thanks a lot.

3am

Nice one! This is easily my favorite of your tracks I've heard so far. Great sounds put to good use. :tu:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

justin3am wrote:The challenge of going against your own conventional wisdom is always the most rewarding.
Hehe at least rick can :( I genuinely tried to make a pop-ish song for the contest this month and, despite my own delight in it, it is apparently still too out there. Compared to a rachMiel composition it's freakin' white bread. I can't recall any other 4/4 song by rick in all the many, many I have, though.

Then again I thought the remix I made of your lovely song was rather tame by my standards.

I, as is traditional, can't think of a way to put into words what I feel about this track. Certainly no disappointment - and really what still strikes me after many listens is the insane amount of work that was put into it, the variations across the entire time axis of the track must number in the thousands and I can't think of a more time-efficient way of making that happen, but then I barely have an idea of what Reaktor looks like let alone the workflow issues involved.

Course, the funny thing is that the gruuv is much less Teutonic that I would have expected. As I'm sure we all know mousing in the funk is 100x harder than anything else.

I can honestly say that had I known you were plotting an invasion of the steady common time this is not what I would have expected, rick, which is impressive in an of itself!

A deceptive groove it is... lots of ungroovey elements but the push/pull between them makes for some delightful listening and stimulation of the central groovus system. Do I detect CamelSpace, or this pure R?
Image Image

rick nails idm!

why I always feel the need to remix your tracks??

another good one here you made

> going against your own conventional wisdom

yes. cliches are cliches, even on the individual level.

thanks, synthgeek!

runagate, thanks for the thoughtful response. i wouldn't say i'm "invading" 4/4, rather trying to participate in it. it's as if i were a profound anti-organized-religion person (which i am), and decided to give a church a try, just for the experience. :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”