synthgeek remixes liqih's "That Old Picture"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks to liqih for posting the files for this. :)

Here's my remix:

That Old Picture (Celluloid Mix by Fugue State)

Not as tweaked as my 3am remix for sure... keeps the soundtrackish feel I think.

Original thread here.

Enjoy.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

You pushed that vintage tune into 21st century. This sounds pretty hi-fi, at least in my headphones (which is my only output). Nicely done and quite in different mood than the original. A bit lengthy maybe.

good, this is a great extention of my song in the contemporary sound,
very nice groove,

just one problem as composition IMHO, my bassline is melodic and maybe boring for the whole your 4+ minutes track, so I would add an alternative rithmic bass and bring the melody higher, or add a second melody at 2:00

Very cool remix sg! I like where you've taken this... liqih is right about adding variation I think (but who am I to talk!?).
Image Image

Thanks guys! :)

Yeah, you're probably right about the variation thing, I did try a couple things, but they all started going places I didn't like. Perhaps when I get more time I'll have another go...

Thanks again for the feedback.

Aside from the fact that it's really cool sounding, I can't believe how sinuous the audio fidelity makes my brain feel.

Thanks much, runny! I'm glad you guys mentioned the fidelity thing, I worry about my hearing a bit these days.

Wow!

very cool remix. Good sounds, good production. :tu:

Shogger

Cheers Shogger! :)

Cool production indeed! :)

I was not sure at the very first 8-10 secs of music for the choice of sounds, but as it fills in quickly I now have no doubt that it works fine ;)

It does get a bit repeatetive I'm afraid, but that's probably more my false, with my own experiences and usual listenings I do to other musics, than yours. ;) Still I would like to hear an outburst of some sort, and some more realistic drums (still treated, but not this old casio kind). Ah well, that's me not you though...

Thanks for sharing mate
www.nikolas-sideris.com
CGEmpire is no more...

Cool sounds & production
+
Catchy themes & melodies
=
A great combination and a nice track, I really enjoyed it, yes after 3 - 3.30 mins it gets a bit repetitive but that's OK

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback guys! :D

Return to “Music Cafe”