bluedad -rock-BLEEDING WORLD w/ guest Watto

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@havran - thanks for the listen; hope you listened to it loud :wink:
@watto - when you've been in a rut for 8 months, sometimes it takes borrowing a riff and killer groove to pull you out. I'm scratching my head for ideas re throwing something different in. Thanks for the advice, I know it would make the tune stronger
@Adambomb - Yes, that's my vocal, which quite often is a hit or miss thing. this time I went beyond using just the first take :hihi: I love reverse stuff, and use it quite often. I hadn't plannned on using any in this, but when I heard that preset from GuitarRig, well it was just too cool not to use. thanks much for the comments.

bluedad wrote:@watto - when you've been in a rut for 8 months, sometimes it takes borrowing a riff and killer groove to pull you out. I'm scratching my head for ideas re throwing something different in. Thanks for the advice, I know it would make the tune stronger.
Oh, make me feel bad, why don't you?! :x :cry:

I hope you didn't ignore my nice comments, and focus on my facetious ones - I think you put this together superbly, and wouldn't have said anything critical unless I thought the song was worth the effort, which it clearly is ;-)

Congrats on breaking the 8-month drought! Maybe you should commission Donkey to come up with a middle section for you, so you don't feel pressured...? I'd be happy to chuck some organ on there if you'd like, too :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Watto wrote: Oh, make me feel bad, why don't you?! :x :cry:
oh my friend, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad! somewhere in my editing I must've took out a smiley. Trust me, I took your comments as intended.
I really appreciate them, and take them in the spirit given!
And I spent more time reading over the good things you said.
As far as pressure, well, it's more like me just being lazy. :hihi:
I may hold you to playing that organ, though. :wink:

Got home from work and was the first thing I listened to. Nice stuff. Floydish, but thats a good thing. Enjoyed.

bluedad wrote:I may hold you to playing that organ, though. :wink:
How's this?

:)

Perfect and Beautifully done BD! :hyper:

LOVE the vocals and the lyrics Gary -- top song mate! :tu:

Please load up a CD of your songs and give it to Pao to bring to England! :D

**Simon -- perfect and tasty organ mate :tu: You guys need to do this up proper!

Cheers,
Alex 8)

Cool track, Gary. Really catchy chorus and that break at 1:45 or thereabouts is great...whats the weird crackle at the end of that section though?

keeper :tu:
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

Works well for me:) I picked up the Floyd flavour too (money?), although overall it sounded more reminiscent of 60s than 70s.

xander wrote:Simon -- perfect and tasty organ mate :tu:
:shock: :scared: :oops:

:hihi:

Watto wrote:

:o

That's NOT WOT I MEANT! :smack:

Get yer mind outta the filth mate!! :smack:

xander wrote:
Watto wrote:

:o

That's NOT WOT I MEANT! :smack:

Get yer mind outta the filth mate!! :smack:

OK. I understand the "perfect" part. But "tasty" :-o
tsk tsk :roll:

:lol:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

YOU TOO NIK!!! :smack:

Now, had Simon laid down a flute track, that'd be another thing entirely... :shrug:

OUCH OK ok I'm gone...

xander adj -- Celebrating 7 years as a Proud member of the 'KVR Bump A Good Song Thread Gang'

;)

Sorry I missed this one yesterday bluedad. After hearing the small clip of this track in another thread, I've been wanting to hear the whole track.

I love how the wurly enters in panned right to compliment and contrast the rhythm guitar. I also second the comments on the reversed lead licks... very cool.

Good to hear your singing voice still works after the lengthy hiatus. :)

Nice work.

(do I hear a bonfire roaring just at the end of the guitar solo @ around the 2 minute mark?)

metalifuxx - thanks for listening, and the comparison to Floyd. Glad you enjoyed it!
folderol - hey you're right on the money :hihi: thanks for the comments!
miro - (note - I must check out your cd!) thanks for listening. The crackle sound, advaya nailed it. Can't think of the guys name, but he's always giving away the greatest sample packs of just weird stuff. This is one of a Christmas tree burning.
Alex - glad you like it. I'll try to do you a cd done right. and, sorry for the ribbing you've taken in this thread. it was funny, though!
advaya - glad you found this. yeah, the voice still works; not well sometimes, but enough to get this job done. and yes, it is a fire at the end of the solo.
Simon - great job with your, dare I say it, organ. especially those last few licks, really cool. Can you link me up a higher bitrate render of the track so I can throw it in the mix?

No probs, mate, will do it soon - sorry to phallically derail your thread :oops:

It just read as incredibly funny to me :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”